Don’t judge a girl by her cover by Ally Carter, 2009 Book (Gallagher Girls #3)
  • The writing still hadn't improved hugely from the first two, but the plot really was very interesting
  • The best thing about this book is how fast paced it is
  • The series is improving, and I like that the plots and main character are shaping up well
  • I did want to see more of the secondary characters again, but I was happy with the length of the book this time
  • Once again, I would recommend this to anybody who enjoys young adult fiction

• by turtledove

After seeing the huge improvement from the first to the second book, I was rather excited about what would happen in the third instalment of the Gallagher Girls series. So I picked up the third instalment and got reading as soon as I finished the second one.

This part of the series was a very slight improvement from the second one as well. Finally, we get to see a lot more about the

spy aspect of the book, and there’s a whole lot more action overall, which was wonderful. There were secrets and things being hidden, and it did hold my attention. The writing still hadn’t improved hugely from the first two, but the plot really was very interesting.

Now, since boys are even more scarce, Cammie finally fully lives up to her potential. She’s really awesome in the fights, and she actually develops some sass. She also matures a bit. I really liked Cammie in this book, and finally she did the things I actually wanted her to do. I was absolutely delighted. Cammie’s relationship with Zach also became even more confusing if anything, and I did like the tiny romantic element there.

The best thing about this book is how fast paced it is. Since there’s so much happening in such a small number of pages,

• Don't judge a girl by her cover by Ally Carter, 2009 Book (Gallagher Girls #3)
      the book was action packed and very quick. It held my attention from start to finish, and I actually couldn’t wait to move to the next instalment..

Again, I really wished that there had been more about the side characters. I wanted more Zach, Bex, Liz, and above all, Macey. Macey is definitely my favourite character. She’s so cool. By the time I was finished with this book, I was moving straight onto

the fourth book - part for plot, but mainly for more Macey.

Overall, I enjoyed this book. The series is improving, and I like that the plots and main character are shaping up well. I did want to see more of the secondary characters again, but I was happy with the length of the book this time. Once again, I would recommend this to anybody who enjoys young adult fiction. It’s a relaxing and entertaining read!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 174091648670630/k2311a094/9.4.15