Shattered by Teri Terry, 2014 Book (Slated #3)  » Books  »
1.0
  • I enjoyed the first book in this trilogy, but I was majorly disappointed by the second book
  • Unfortunately, this book managed to be even worse than the second book
  • I also noticed that the character's' thoughts were not clearly put across, which was very annoying
  • I thought it was a poor way to end what had started off looking promising

• by turtledove

I enjoyed the first book in this trilogy, but I was majorly disappointed by the second book. I was really hoping for the third book to resurrect the trilogy, and I was expecting a major turnaround and a fantastic, nail-biting finish to the trilogy.

Unfortunately, this book managed to be even worse than the second book.

Kyla, as a character, has been completely ruined. She spends most of the book whining about not being able to be with Ben, or honestly, she has no idea what in the world she’s actually doing.

I was hoping she’d become really cool and awesome for the final instalment. Instead she completely tones down.

Also, she has five names by the end of the trilogy. It was completely unnecessary and random. We did not need Kyla and Rain and Lucy and Riley and *spoiler*. I even got confused with all the names by the end.

There were a few things I liked about this book though. I absolutely loved Aiden, mainly because he was more or less the only character who had a proper idea as to what he’s doing. He’s sensible and thinks things through. I also actually liked Ben as well: his character develops a lot more in this book, and I liked that he was no longer this ridiculously perfect character - he became a lot more realistic in this instalment.

The writing continued the same way it had been in ‘Fractured’ - plenty of unfinished, random sentences, often making no sense. I also noticed that the character’s’ thoughts were not clearly put across, which was very annoying.

I also absolutely hated the ending. We ...

• Shattered by Teri Terry, 2014 Book (Slated #3)
      find out about Kyla’s ‘real’ name (FINALLY), which is really strange. I had no idea what to make of it, but it was a poor way to end the trilogy. The way Ben ended up was also very unsatisfying.

The main thing I liked about this trilogy is the idea. The whole concept of ’slating’ criminals to give them a second chance is really original and different, and I’ve never read anything similar before. I just wish that as well as a good concept, there had been some good characters

and a solid plot. This is just not clear enough, it’s just watery. What was most disappointing was the fact that Terry has proved that she can write well in the first instalment, however it was all spoiled by this last book.

Overall, I didn’t enjoy this book much. I thought it was a poor way to end what had started off looking promising. None of the elements of the book were good. I wouldn’t really recommend this to anybody, as I was really disappointed by the way it ended.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 174091648630630/k2311a094/9.4.15