Fractured by Teri Terry, 2013 Book (Slated #2)  » Books  »
1.5
  • I'd already read the first book in this trilogy, and although I thought the first book was a bit slow, I did enjoy it
  • It definitely could have been better, but I really was looking forward to reading the second book
  • Unfortunately, this book ended up being worse than the previous one
  • It just didn't work very well at all, and I was really disappointed
  • I wouldn't recommend this book to anybody, unless you can't stop yourself from reading the second instalment to the trilogy after reading the first one

• by turtledove

I’d already read the first book in this trilogy, and although I thought the first book was a bit slow, I did enjoy it. I liked the characters, concept and ideas. It definitely could have been better, but I really was looking forward to reading the second book. This one was a little more difficult for me to find than the first one, but once I founded, I started reading it immediately, hoping for a faster paced and better book.

Unfortunately, this book ended up being worse than the

previous one. The plot moved forward even slower, and I got really bored until the very end once again. It just didn’t work very well at all, and I was really disappointed.

So Kyla (also now known as Rain or Lucy) finds out more about her past. There was a proper reason for Kyla not to have a proper personality in the first book (since it’s been completely erased), but by the second book, I was expecting her to finally be her own person, and have things that she’s actually passionate and excited about. She’s somehow not properly interested in anything she’s actually involved in. The only thing she’s really interested in is Ben, who’s not even there for most of the book. I was really disappointed by her character in this book, and it ruined the entire instalment for me. She became a typical young adult female protagonist - indecisive, annoying and stupid.

Unfortunately, the writing took a turn for the worse as well. There were so many sentences which either sounded incomplete or made absolutely no ...

• Fractured by Teri Terry, 2013 Book (Slated #2)
      sense. I know that these were used for effect, but they were definitely overused. It could have been so much better.

The plot was not good either. It takes Kyla/Rain/Lucy the entire book to realise some obvious things that were relatively obvious to me at the beginning. She is also manipulated by the crazy and obsessive Nico for a lot of the book, and she had completely lost the power to control her own life. The whole thing was a bit of a mess, and I was actually

really bored.

Overall, I didn’t enjoy this book much at all. Every aspect of the first book had been made worse in this book, and the book was just too long and too slow. I wanted more to happen, or the book could have been a little shorter. Even Kyla, who I had liked in the first book, became an annoying element to the story. I wouldn’t recommend this book to anybody, unless you can’t stop yourself from reading the second instalment to the trilogy after reading the first one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 174091648620630/k2311a094/9.4.15