Calpol Paracetamol  » Medicine  »
  • However, as I use them on my kids now, I noticed that it took a day or two to lower down their fever
  • One thing I don't like with this brand though, it must be so sweet that I have to very tightly close it because I notice that ants are starting to make a line going to Calpol if I don't close it so tight
  • I definitely recommend to mothers with little toddlers

• by Angelita Magana

I always have a bottle or two of paracetamol on my shelf as most mothers do. I used a different brand then, a hand-me- brand which is traditionally used by our family years ago for our small siblings. However, as I use them on my kids now, I noticed that it took a day or two to lower down their fever. Some turn of events made me change from old brand to Calpol.

I have been using Calpol Paracetamol for a year

now. I discovered this through the advertisement in a local tv channel. Calpol paracetamol packaging says on its packaging as “fast fever relief’ and effective pain relief’. I must say Calpol is true to their words. When the teeth of my toddlers are emerging, for some reasons they become irritable, with low to medium grade fever. Also when they catch cold, they get fever as well. They tend to get fever also during their vaccine visits. During those times, Calpol was a effective in lowering their fever and pain, making them more comfortable.

My kids love its sweet strawberry flavor. It’s very easy to make them swallow this medicine. And that is a big relief for me. I also love its child safe bottle, it won’t break into pieces even if my kids got a hold in it because it’s made of hard plastic. It’s a bit more expensive versus the other known brand but it’s worth it, it gives me peace of ...

• Calpol Paracetamol
      mind. This is also the brand that doctors give to my oldest toddler when I rushed him to hospital due to his diarrhea and high fever.

One thing I don’t like with this brand though, it must be so sweet that I have to very tightly close it because I notice that ants are starting to make a line going to Calpol if I don’t close it so tight. One time, I was hoping that my Calpol is okay. As I

shake it, I noticed some black dots inside, and when I inspect it, it was full of ants. I had to rush to a nearby store to buy Calpol. Good thing with Calpol, even though it’s a little bit expensive compared to others, I can find it at our local nearby store.

I definitely recommend to mothers with little toddlers. Of course when it does not lower down after several medication, I bring him to his pediatrician as there must be something more behind that fever.

Calpol Paracetamol
Jeremiah says :

re : One thing I don’t like with this brand though, it must be so sweet that I have to very tightly close it because I notice that ants are starting to make a line going to Calpol if I don’t close it so tight
Get a small plate, yes a small plate then fill it with 5 spoon of water, and then put the Calpol on the plate with water. So that the ants will not make a line to calpol because of it is surrounded by water.

Angelita Magana replies :

Thank you Jeremiah for sharing your suggestion. I am also that, putting my sweet medicines in a plate with water. It really deters ants.

Saba Haider says :

re : I definitely recommend to mothers with little toddlers
Can I use without Dr’s prescription?

Galega says :

Paracetamol can be used without doctor’s prescription. However, if the problem persists, then you need to consult a doctor.

Saba Haider says :

Thanks for your help..

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 264091648610530/k2311a094/9.4.15