United Eden by Nicole Williams, 2011 Book (Eden #3)  » Books  »
2.5
  • Unfortunately, Bryn remained exactly the same, except this time, she has to try and manage love from THREE different guys
  • He was a little funny, and he was actually an interesting character
  • Overall, I thought this book was average, mainly a huge improvement from the first two books
  • I would recommend this book to anybody who loves romance, as there were a few very intense romantic scenes

• by turtledove

Although I disliked the first and second books in the Eden trilogy, I did pick up the final book. Because, what’s the point in reading two awful books if you don’t read the last one? I also somehow had a little glimmer of hope. Maybe Bryn would mature just a little?

Unfortunately, Bryn remained exactly the same, except this time, she has to try and manage love from THREE different guys: two of whom know she’s in love with the third guy. But still, the whole strange unrequited

love angle remains, and for some reason, everybody is in love with Bryn.

Quite frankly, I have no idea what they actually see in her.

William was awful too. He spent a lot of the book overseas, and then the rest he was just obsessing over Bryn (so nothing new, really). I couldn’t really stand him either. I was hoping that he may become an actual character with a proper personality in this book, but no.

The only character I liked in this book was Patrick. He was a little funny, and he was actually an interesting character. It irritated me a little that he fell in love with an idiot like Bryn, but at least the two of them were never ‘a couple’ as such. Patrick had a personality,and he was cool, humorous and fun.

The writing continued in the same way it had in the previous two books. I wanted to run and hide somewhere during the last three chapters or so, as they were so poorly written. It just didn’t work for me.

• United Eden by Nicole Williams, 2011 Book (Eden #3)
      There were some very intense romantic scenes though: so if you like romantic books, this may be for you.

I must applaud Nicole Williams for the plot of this book. It single-handedly resurrected the trilogy. I was actually interested as to what would happen, and there were actually some life or death situations which William and Bryn faced. The love triangle was completely forced and unnecessary, but at least there was some kind of action in this book. So I guess in one way, this book was worth

me reading, since there was actually a plot. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised.

Overall, I thought this book was average, mainly a huge improvement from the first two books. There was actually a plot which I did like. There was also a character whom I didn’t hate, which was great too. However, I did hate most of the main characters, and the writing still remained very poor. I would recommend this book to anybody who loves romance, as there were a few very intense romantic scenes.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172091648560130/k2311a092/9.2.15