We’ll Always Have Summer, 2011 Book (The Summer I Turned Pretty #3)  » Books  »
1.5
  • When I picked up this book I felt an immense sense regret
  • Jeremiah was a little better in this book, and I think the stark contrast between him and the one and only selfish Conrad made him look so much better
  • This book definitely had the most plot out of all the other ones in the trilogy
  • As far as I know, proposals are well thought out
  • I would only recommend this book to someone who's finished reading the second book in the trilogy, that too only if they're like me and they can't leave a series midway

• by turtledove

When I picked up this book I felt an immense sense regret: why did I even start the first book in the first place? I wouldn’t have had to read this book if it wasn’t for the fact that I’d read the previous two.

So now apparently Belly and Jeremiah are in a really serious relationship, and Conrad’s totally out of the picture, and the love triangle is gone. It’s just Belly and Jeremiah, wanting to get married at a ridiculously young age. Sounds innocent enough.

Until Conrad returned, and

decided that NOW when Belly was about to marry his brother, he can’t let her go.

What a stupid, selfish and irritating idiot.

In spite of the fact that Belly is going to actually marry Jeremiah, she doesn’t seem excited at all. I’d expect any girl who’s willingly marrying she ‘loves’ to be at least a little excited and happy about their own wedding. But somehow, Belly’s never satisfied with her own decisions, and she thinks it’s still okay to swing between two brothers. Again, I absolutely hated her. Everything from her perspective sounds like something coming from a little child. This girl never matures.

Jeremiah was a little better in this book, and I think the stark contrast between him and the one and only selfish Conrad made him look so much better. He as actually really nice to Belly, and for the first time, he actually acted like a human and got angry! I was so satisfied by the fact that Jeremiah finally decided to be his own person rather than hide behind sulky Conrad.

This book definitely had ...

• We'll Always Have Summer, 2011 Book (The Summer I Turned Pretty #3)
      the most plot out of all the other ones in the trilogy. For once, it seemed like Han had actually planned out what she wanted to happen. This plot was slightly better than that in the second instalment, however the way the characters reacted to some things were ridiculous.

Why does Jeremiah propose to Belly as an apology? As far as I know, proposals are well thought out: they’re not just a on-the-spur-of-the-moment decision that you can pull out just because someone’s angry with you!

Conrad ignored her for so

long, but when she’s about to actually be happy, he decides to come back. Why is Belly okay with this?

Overall, this was an awful ending to a poor trilogy, and I’m honestly quite happy I’m done with it. The writing is poor, the plot is poor and the characters are poor. Nothing really made sense at all, and I didn’t enjoy it. I would only recommend this book to someone who’s finished reading the second book in the trilogy, that too only if they’re like me and they can’t leave a series midway.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172091648520130/k2311a092/9.2.15