Maryland Gooeys Cookies Chocolate  » Food  »
  • I'm not generally swayed at all by adverts, but these cookies really did look absolutely delicious
  • After watching the advert, I thought that the filling would come oozing out from the centre
  • There is a fair bit of the filling, but I was a little disappointed, as I really was expecting more
  • They were a little less than I was expecting, and the packaging made it a little less convenient to access, but the taste made up for these shortcomings
  • I would recommend these to anybody who likes chocolate

• by turtledove

I first bought these cookies after seeing an advertisement on TV for them. I’m not generally swayed at all by adverts, but these cookies really did look absolutely delicious: a normal chocolate chip cookie, with a smooth chocolatey filling inside? Yes, definitely something I’d love.

So I went to my local supermarket, and after a bit of hunting, I finally found these Maryland Gooeys for 1.15 GBP. They were also available in hazelnut

and triple chocolate, but I picked this one because I wanted to try the simple ‘original’ flavour before experimenting with anything else.

The first thing that surprised me was the size of the gooeys: they were a little smaller than I was expecting. The advert made them look huge, but they were actually only a little bigger than Maryland’s regular chocolate chip cookies. But they did look delicious nonetheless, and they did have a very generous amount of visible chocolate chips.

Another way in which the advert gives the wrong impression is with the amount of smooth chocolate in the centre. After watching the advert, I thought that the filling would come oozing out from the centre. There is a fair bit of the filling, but I was a little disappointed, as I really was expecting more.

Although the cookies were a little less than I was ...

• Maryland Gooeys Cookies Chocolate
      expecting when it comes to sizes and amounts, they exceeded my expectations with taste. They tasted absolutely wonderful: the cookie outside was crunchy, and it blended so well with the smooth chocolatey filling. It was even better than I thought it would be.

I really disliked the packaging for this product. The ‘tray’ they come in has a unnecessary divider in the centre, which makes it harder to actually get to the cookies

on the other side. The wrapper wasn’t great either, as once the package had been opened, it was very difficult to get the wrapper back over to cover the tray.

Overall, I thought that these Maryland Gooeys were good. They were a little less than I was expecting, and the packaging made it a little less convenient to access, but the taste made up for these shortcomings. I would recommend these to anybody who likes chocolate!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2728081648450731/k2311a0828/8.28.15