Bostik Blu Tack (original)  » Housewares  »
  • About two weeks ago, I decided that I wanted to clean up a few rooms
  • It only cost me 1 GBP, which I was very happy with
  • Initially I found it a little difficult to get the papers to actually stay up with the blu tack, but after a few minutes and applying more pressure, it worked quite well
  • Overall, I would recommend this blu tack for cleaning dust off various items (like keyboards) and for putting up pieces of paper on non-painted surfaces

• by turtledove

About two weeks ago, I decided that I wanted to clean up a few rooms. There were so many sheets of paper lying around. They were important and needed to be accessed easily, so they couldn’t just be stuffed in a drawer, but they also couldn’t just stay lying around all over tables in the house. So, I went to my local ASDA superstore and bought some Blu tack to put everything up where it could clearly be seen. It only cost me 1 GBP, which I was very happy with.

I first used

the blu tack to tack up some large pieces of paper. Initially I found it a little difficult to get the papers to actually stay up with the blu tack, but after a few minutes and applying more pressure, it worked quite well. As soon as the papers were tacked up, they didn’t fall at all, unless they were touched or pushed. This was quite impressive, and it really did serve the purpose for me.

However, about a week after I’d started using the blu tack, I needed to take a piece of paper off the wall. So, I carefully took the paper off, and the blu tack remained on the wall. The instructions said to use another piece of blu tack to remove any pieces which won’t come off. So I used another piece of blu tack to carefully pull the bit already on the wall. It came off, but it brought a bit of the paint off with it! This was really disappointing, and almost all the pieces of tack that I took off the wall left behind a little white mark where the paint ...

• Bostik Blu Tack (original)
      had come off. This was a pain, and it ruined my wall.

Seeing the other things which Blu Tack apparently does (as it says on the back of the packet), I decided to try to use it to clean keyboards and de-fuzz clothes. The blu tack did efficiently remove dust from the keyboard, which was great. If I pressed the blue tack properly into the crevices, it did pick up all the dust I wanted. However, it was absolutely useless in de-fuzzing my clothes. I just ended up rolling the blu tack over my

clothing for about five minutes, and a few bits of fuzz caught onto the blu tack. The rest remained on the clothing.

Overall, I would recommend this blu tack for cleaning dust off various items (like keyboards) and for putting up pieces of paper on non-painted surfaces. If you are using blu tack on a painted wall, you do risk some of the paint coming off with the blu tack. The blu tack is also not very useful for removing fuzz from clothing. I liked this product, but it didn’t do everything it promises to on the packet.

Symphony Kay says :

This was helpful for me when putting up photos on my wall. The paint on my wall is somehow delicate, so it comes off when certain types of tape go on it. But since the Blu-Tack easily “attracts” the other small parts of it, it’s easy to remove and also easy to attach. It definitely does not bork on small painting canvases and other slightly heavier artworks.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5327081648310231/k2311a0827/8.27.15