Wipes to remove dirt and salt stains on leather or suede Cleans Nettoie by Aldo  » Clothes  »
  • I was a bit disappointed that they didn't get all the dirt off the inside bottom of the sandals but it did an okay job
  • This will definitely come in handy this winter season in NYC
  • I bought my wipes directly from an Aldo store but I have seen them for sale at other stores and other online outlets

by Meghan c

Today I am reviewing the leather and suede wipes made by Aldo called Cleans Nettoie. Their product description: “These all-natural, all-weather wipes are specially formulated to remove dirt and salt stains on leather or suede in seconds, and also protect against permanent damage.” There are 15 wipes in this package.
  • Aldo - Cleans Nettoie
  • The package is resealable so make sure to stick it tight after you grab one wipe out. The adhesive on the opening of the package is sufficient . I have had trouble with this type of closure before but this one seems strong.

• Aldo - Cleans Nettoie
  • First I am going to try the wipes on my leather sandals (also from Aldo!). I have had these sandals for about three weeks and worn them about 12 times. It should be noted that I live in NYC and walk quite a bit. This is the before photo.

• Aldo - Cleans Nettoie
  • When cleaning the leather, I could see some of the dirt on the bottom inside sandal coming off. The wipes worked best on the scuffs on the band parts of the sandals. I was a bit disappointed that they didn’t get all the dirt off the inside bottom of the sandals but it did an okay job. I would rate these wipes on white leather about 7/10. I used one wipe for both sandals. Here is the after photo.

• Aldo - Cleans Nettoie
  • Next, I am going to try the wipes on my suede boots I wore all winter in NYC. They have a subtle build up of salt from all of my city walking and I am interested to see if the Cleans Nettoie wipes will clean this off. You can see the faint salt residue near the center of these boots. Here is the before photo.

• Aldo - Cleans Nettoie
  • My boots came back to life as soon as I began to wipe! The wipe worked so well on both boots I was both delighted and surprised. This will definitely come in handy this winter season in NYC. I only used one wipe for both boots. Here is the after photo.

• Aldo - Cleans Nettoie
  • After using the Cleans Nettoie wipes on my black suede boots. Amazing transformation!!

In conclusion, I would say these wipes work best on suede shoes. Just one wipe immediately took all the gross salt residue off my boots.

The wipes did not work as well on my leather sandals. They are not worth the money if you use them for only leather. They ARE worth the money if you have a few pairs of suede boots you need to clean up or keep clean this winter! I bought my wipes directly from an Aldo store but I have seen them for sale at other stores and other online outlets.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5525081648270231/k2311a0825/8.25.15