Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations by R.S. Aggarwal, book  » Books  »
  • But, the best among all is one by R S Aggarwal from S
  • At this time, in 2015, the cost of the book is Rs
  • However, I think this approach has made this book such a huge success
  • One thing that I like most about this book is the amount of questions provided
  • In the end, I would recommend this book to all students who are preparing for any entrance or recruitment exam in India

• by Galega

Quantitative Aptitude is one section which is asked in almost all competitive exams in India. Whether you are preparing an entrance exam for MBA colleges, or a government recruitment exam, you are going to find questions from Quantitative Aptitude.

I have given many exams throughout out my career. Obviously, I have also prepared this section thoroughly. There are many books in market for Quantitative Aptitude. But, the best among all is one by R S Aggarwal from S. Chand Publication. I had first bought this book in 2008 for Rs.

240 and used it in the preparation for various exams. At this time, in 2015, the cost of the book is Rs. 480. It is still the most popular book in India for Quantitative Aptitude.

There is no denying that the book is quite bulky. And, it also expects readers to have some previous knowledge about the subject matter. However, I think this approach has made this book such a huge success. We all read basic mathematics during our school days. Hence, there is nothing wrong when the author expects some previous knowledge. In fact, this assumption gives him freedom to directly introduce concepts, tricks and lots of questions.

However, I should add here that if a candidate doesn’t possess even basic knowledge about mathematics, this book should not be his first choice. One thing that I like most about this book is the amount of questions provided. Every chapter contains around 1000 questions. Further, the author has attempted to give all variety of questions in exercises. The author has also given answers with explanation of all questions. However, sometimes I ...

• Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations by R.S. Aggarwal, book
      feel that the explanation provided isn’t sufficient. I wish the author takes note of this fact.

The book is available in both English and Hindi. I have seen both books. I would recommend students to buy English version. It is because of variety of questions and more explanation in the English version of this book.

Only thing that I find disappointing with this book is the introduction to every chapters. The author has not taken care of introducing chapters in an objective manner and, more importantly, giving a glimpse of

all concepts in the theory part. It may be because of author’s expectation of previous knowledge about subject matter, as I have mentioned above.

In the end, I would recommend this book to all students who are preparing for any entrance or recruitment exam in India. It is a gem which should be there in the shelf of all students. On a side note, I would like to add here that the market is flooded with the pirated version of this book. I would advise candidates to not go for pirated version.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1725081648260231/k2311a0825/8.25.15