Poundland Mini Fine Writers  » Other  »
  • I thought that even if they worked for just a month, they would be worth the very cheap 1 GBP price
  • One small pack of Staedtler pens lasts about two years (depending on how much you use them) and they cost about 5 GBP
  • I wouldn't go as far as to say that these Poundland pens are better than Staedler (as Staedler definitely is higher quality and has a better range of colors), but I think that the Poundland fine writers get you more for your money
  • Apart from that, I would recommend these fine writers to anybody who may like to write or doodle in color

• by turtledove

I first bought a pack of these around a year ago in my local Poundland, as they looked like they would be quite useful for colorful notes and diagrams. I thought that even if they worked for just a month, they would be worth the very cheap 1 GBP price. So I picked them up and started to use them almost every day.

The colors were vibrant, and far better than I expected. However, they aren’t

all the same color as the lid would suggest. I personally thought that the colors they turned out to be were better. This wasn’t the case with all the colors though, only the green and pink. The pink is a little lighter and closer to baby pink than the lid and the green is more of a lime green than the lid. I liked the color selection on this pack too, but I wish there had been an orange pen as well (like there is in the Poundland pack of larger fine writers).

What surprised me the most about these low-priced pens was how long they lasted. I’ve been using these for around a year already, and they’ve only just started to fade a little (they still haven’t completely stopped working). They are really good for writing in color, diagrams or even doodling.

When I buy fine writers like this, normally ...

• Poundland Mini Fine Writers
      I rely on better known brands like Staedtler. One small pack of Staedtler pens lasts about two years (depending on how much you use them) and they cost about 5 GBP. I wouldn’t go as far as to say that these Poundland pens are better than Staedler (as Staedler definitely is higher quality and has a better range of colors), but I think that the Poundland fine writers get you more for your money.

Overall, I

thought these Poundland fine writers were wonderful for just 1 GBP. For the price, I couldn’t have asked for anything better. They’re long lasting and they have some good colors. The only thing I would have liked was for there to be an orange and for the lids to accurately show what the color of the fine writer is. Apart from that, I would recommend these fine writers to anybody who may like to write or doodle in color.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1224081648250631/k2311a0824/8.24.15