Amelie (romantic comedy movie)  » Movies  »
  • I thought that it was very different from a lot of other romantic comedies around
  • However, the most wonderful think about the story though was that even though it's simple, the storyline was still interesting enough to keep me watching
  • Nevertheless, it was her stellar performance in Amelie that caused me to come to the conclusion that she's an amazing character actress
  • I don't think I'm going out on a limb when I say that this movie is a masterpiece

by Redtape

After watching it, I’ve come to the conclusion that “Amelie” is one of those movies that is so unique and enjoyable that I could find myself watching it multiple times. This is even though I’m not a huge fan of most romantic comedies.
  • Amelie (romantic comedy movie)
  • The movie revolves around the very peculiar life of a young French woman named Amelie Poulain and her very unusual romance. When we meet the main character, we learn quickly that she takes pride and pleasure in doing anonymous good deeds for others, a practice she dedicated her life to shortly after she heard about the death of Princess Diana in 1997.

Interestingly though there are others who notice the good she;s doing for people. They repay her in the form of helping her persue her own romance with a man who she’s too shy to approach.

• Amelie (romantic comedy movie)
  • I think that one of the reasons why this movie is so unique and enjoyable is because of the style, pacing and tone in which the narrator tells the story. I thought that it was very different from a lot of other romantic comedies around. There is something about it that reminds me of the narration in “The Royal Tenenbaums” by the director Wes Anderson. However, at the same time I feel as if it is done in such a way that it contributes to the movie and the story being surreal, rather than the narration in “The Royal Tenenbaums”.

• Amelie (romantic comedy movie)
  • Then there was the visual style which I also believed helped make the film very very unique and memorable. When I watched it the first time, I kept thinking that I wasn’t totally sure I had ever watched a movie with a visual style like that. When you watch the movie Amelie, you’ll notice that the reds and the greens are especially prominent, and I think it worked for the movie because it made everything a little bit more surreal and dreamlike.

• Amelie (romantic comedy movie)
  • Despite the rather simple storyline of a young woman doing good deeds for people, I also thought that it was also fairly unique and refreshing. This is because I don’t remember seeing a lot of movies with a plot similar to this one.

However, the most wonderful think about the story though was that even though it’s simple, the storyline was still interesting enough to keep me watching.

• Amelie (romantic comedy movie)
  • Audrey Tautou was the actress who played Amelie Poulain. Before I actually took some time to watch Amelie in full, I had seen her in movies such as “The Da Vinci Code”, “He Loves Me…He Loves Me Not” and “A Very Long Engagement”. Nevertheless, it was her stellar performance in Amelie that caused me to come to the conclusion that she’s an amazing character actress.

I couldn’t help but think she managed to convey they emotions of the very shy and socially awkward Amelie Poulain very well even though her character barely had any dialogue.

I don’t think I’m going out on a limb when I say that this movie is a masterpiece. I think every romance and drama movie lover should watch it because it’s unique and quirky and charming.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1124081648240631/k2311a0824/8.24.15