Mad Max: Fury Road (post appocalyptic action movie)  » Movies  »
  • Even though I never really took the opportunity to really sit and watch the previous installments in the Mad Max franchise, I has always felt like the movies might have been something I would find very interesting
  • I was lucky enough to see it in high definition and I found that I was extremely impressed by how clean and crisp everything was
  • I thought that not only made the movie even more beautiful, but it was one of the things that caused me to be hooked to it
  • Fury Road is definitely a must see for people who loved and were interested in the previous movie

by Redtape

Even though I never really took the opportunity to really sit and watch the previous installments in the Mad Max franchise, I has always felt like the movies might have been something I would find very interesting. Therefore my anticipation of the fourth installment, “Mad Max: Fury Road” grew out of my own personal idea that the movie had the potential to be a more clear and modern interpretation. After seeing the movie for myself I couldn’t help but thing that I was spot on.
  • Mad Max: Fury Road (post appocalyptic action movie)
  • The movie is set some time after what appears to have been a nuclear holocaust. Civilization as we know it has collapsed, and the few surviving human beings become almost tribalistic. To make things worse the nuclear holocaust has turned the Earth into a barren wasteland where the soil is too dry and tainted to grow crops, and a resource as basic as water has become very scarce.

When the movie beings, a crazed loner by the name of Max Rochatansky is kidnapped by the “War Boys”, young men who serve the tyrant, Immortan Joe. He is imprisoned as a universal blood donor in order to serve the sick War Boy, “Nux”. However Nux’s situation quickly changes when Nux and the rest of the War Boys go in pursuit of one of Joe’s lieutenants, Imperator Furiosa, who has helped hs five young wives escape their roles as his brood mares.

During the pursuit, Max manages to escape, and join forces with Furiosa and Joe’s wives who are escaping to a place they only know as the “Green Place”.

• Mad Max: Fury Road (post appocalyptic action movie)
  • One of the biggest things that awed me about this movie had to be the cinematography. I was lucky enough to see it in high definition and I found that I was extremely impressed by how clean and crisp everything was. I thought that not only made the movie even more beautiful, but it was one of the things that caused me to be hooked to it.

The landscape and the environment was also extremely entrancing even though the entire movie was supposed to be set in the midst of a desert wasteland. I read somewhere that much of the movie was filmed in Nambia’s Namib desert and it was the first time I realised that deserts can be beautiful too.

• Mad Max: Fury Road (post appocalyptic action movie)
  • There was also an amazing amount of action int he movie, which I thought was entrancing and adrenaline-filled. The thing is, nearly all of Mad Max: Fury Road is a chase from the very minute Immortan Joe and his underlings realise what Furiosa has done, straight up until Immortan Joe is executed; and I thought the steampunk post-appocalyptic setting only made everything more exciting than say modern day car chases would.

There’s one particular scene that I loved and that was the one where Furiosa leads her pursuers in the midst of a desert storm with lightning and tornadoes.

• Mad Max: Fury Road (post appocalyptic action movie)
  • The acting was refreshing to see as well, and that was no surprise to me after knowing that well known talented actors such as Charlize Theron and Tom Hardy would be playing major roles in the movie.

What was surprising though was the acting that came from the models who played the roles of Immortan Joe’s wives. Since acting isn’t exactly the profession they’re known for, I wouldn’t have expected them to do such a great job but they did.

• Mad Max: Fury Road (post appocalyptic action movie)
  • I thought that the script wasn’t too bad either. The thing is that when I watch action packed movies like this one, I automatically try not to expect too much from the script. This is because I notice that for a lot of them, more focus seems to be put on the action and effects. In Mad Max: Fury Road, although the script is not exactly elaborate and bursting with emotion, it’s simple and straightforward.

Mad Max: Fury Road is definitely a must see for people who loved and were interested in the previous movie. You can even enjoy it if you’ve never watched one of the movies in your life but you still have a liking for action and sometimes post-appocalyptic themed movies.

Shadad says :

I think that Mad Max Fury is one of the best movies with new concept of vehicles where there was few moments with action

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1121081648160431/k2311a0821/8.21.15