HoMedics FB-50 Bubble Bliss Deluxe Foot Spa  » Health  »
  • I thought it was just the thing as many people who own these love them
  • I learned the hard way once when I gave this thing a try for myself one day

• by Jennifer Morris Fouts

This is a great little foot spa with 3 extra attachments; the model no. is FB-50. It was a Valentine’s Day gift from me to hubby.

I thought it was just the thing as many people who own these love them. I purchased it from a local drugstore for just under $20 and it gets a workout regularly.

When I first put it to good use I was surprised at the volume; it’s not that bad, but then again I

have never owned one of these before. My husband uses this foot spa regularly for diabetic-related health issues and one thing his physician recommended is to do daily soak regimens including two tablespoons of Epson salt.

I then fill it up to about two or three inches from the rim of the bowl with warm water and simply plug into a standard wall outlet (it is electric) I have observed that the bubble action is quite vigorous.

Very important tip, if you are still with me and you’re one of those people who enjoy a luxurious soak in fragrant bubbles: don’t put soap in this; I learned the hard way once when I gave this thing a try for myself one day.

I had a bottle of fragrant pedicure soap that I put a few drops into thinking a “few drops” would not get out of hand, but I was wrong. The bubbles rose like yeast bread in the oven; ...

• HoMedics FB-50 Bubble Bliss Deluxe Foot Spa
      thankfully there was no drastic spillover.

The bubble action assured me that a little soap would go a long way. You can use this machine with aromatherapy, Epson salts, or maybe other bath crystals, but not soap.

There are three little square massage attachments that were included with this unit, but we have not used them much. They pretty much stay in a drawer.

They were made for acupressure action which is similar to those seat cushions that use Shiatsu motion

to help alleviate back pain. Cleanup is easy; I just empty the bowl part and then swish a little clean water around to rinse it; it does not attract mold or mildew.

As a doctor-approved device for rejuvenating tired, achy feet, I am going to use it again for myself; this time without the foot bath soap; but perhaps the attachments. A great value overall; I have found if you are in the market for a foot spa.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3414081648000531/k2311a0814/8.14.15