Avengers: Age of Ultron (action adventure movie)  » Movies  »
  • Age of Ultron was because I found that some parts of the plot were very confusing
  • My favourite action scene in the movie was the one where the Hulk and Iron Man face off
  • Age of Ultron seemed to start out with a lot of promise, I thought that its main downfall was that it overreached a lot

by Redtape

After watching Avengers Assemble in 2012, I became convinced that the next Avengers movie would be the most epic superhero movie I’d ever watched. Then earlier on this year when the final trailer for Avengers: Age of Ultron was released I had absolutely no doubt in my mind that I would enjoy it. After all that waiting when I finally got to see it I was crushed, because as far as I’m concerned, the movie was a disappointment.
  • Avengers: Age of Ultron (action adventure movie)
  • When the movie begins the Avengers team returns from a mission with the sceptre wielded by Loki during the invasion. When it seems like everything is calm again, Tony Stark and Bruce Banner run some tests on the alien weapon, and it is discovered t hat the sceptre holds a form of artificial intelligence. Tony then comes up with the great idea that if they can isolate it, they could probably use it to help create Tony Stark’s Ultron Global Defense Program.

At first Bruce is hesitant, but they eventually start working on the project together. When the project does not yield the desired results it is written off as a failure. However, later on it becomes apparent that their failed Global Defense Program had actually given birth to a rogue Artificial Intelligence.

• Avengers: Age of Ultron (action adventure movie)
  • One of the main reasons why I did not like Avengers: Age of Ultron was because I found that some parts of the plot were very confusing. I could not understand how some scenes and characters were relevant to the story itself too, and the plot at times felt a bit cramped.

For example, Thor begins having visions about Asgard in the movie. Then there’s a scene where he and Dr. Selvig head off to a hidden pool that is supposed to help him communicate with the Norns. However, I just could not understand how in the world that fit in with the Ultron storyline.

• Avengers: Age of Ultron (action adventure movie)
  • Then there was the Ultron character who was another major disappointment. This was because when I watched the trailer for the movie I got the impression that Ultron would have been Tony Stark;s worst nightmare, and a darker side of him come to life.

On the other hand, what I got was a half-done robot that just would not stop cracking jokes and shut up. He didn’t actually fight the Avengers himself either and only kept sending out lots of robot minions at them. Honestly, people keep complaining about “The Mandarin”, but I’d take him over this Ultron fellow anyday.

• Avengers: Age of Ultron (action adventure movie)
  • I did however like the action in the movie. There was no shortage of really great scenes, even though there were some that I liked a lot more that others.

My favourite action scene in the movie was the one where the Hulk and Iron Man face off. I loved it because it was also packed with adrenaline and also proved that the Hulk is indestructible.

• Avengers: Age of Ultron (action adventure movie)
  • I also loved the way that the relationship between Bruce and Natasha were portrayed. After the previous Avengers movie some people assumed that Clint and Natasha might have been romantically involved, but Joss Whedon explained that he wanted them to only be friends in this movie. As a result of that we saw that Natasha and Bruce had developed feelings for each other.

I especially loved the scenes where she calms down the Hulk, and then that one emotional scene where she tells him she can’t have children.

While Avengers: Age of Ultron seemed to start out with a lot of promise, I thought that its main downfall was that it overreached a lot. I feel that had Whedon gone slightly smaller then the movie might have been infinitely better.

Andrew Leither says :

Tony Stark and Bruce Banner sound like interesting characters. They fit the profile perfectly and playing their parts. I’ve not seen this movie and can’t figure out why. It was interesting to note that you mentioned that some parts of the film are confusing. It seemed to start with a lot of promise. I get feeling you enjoyed the movie but also disappointed with it, somehow, at the same time.

Moses says :

hey Andrew have you watched Age of Ultron? given the time difference between when you wrote above and now you could have watched it. did you like it? I will tell you that the Chemistry between Tony Stark and Bruce Banner is great. if you noticed Tony had a reverence for Bruce in the first movie and it is so great it even translates to Iron Man and Hulk and this makes their fight even more interesting to watch. this movie had no disappointments for me apart from the fact that the stereo was broken in the cinema I watched it in (Big regret) but the movie itself was amazing and I highly recommend that you watch it if you have not.

Din Asotic says :

re : Age of Ultron was because I found that some parts of the plot were very confusing
Honestly, this is by far the worst Avengers movie. And that does not mean it is bad, but there is just not that much to it. The first Avengers movie is more special because it is the first one. Other two (Infinity War and Endgame), are better because the stakes are much higher. But, in my opinion, this is still one of the top 10 MCU movies, nonetheless.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1113081647971131/k2311a0813/8.13.15