Minion Rush, Game on IOS and Android Devices
  • There's always something new in the game and I think that's some kind of a positive thing but for me, I don't consider it
  • I don't consider it as a good thing because some of the good stuffs in the game are now gone
  • I used to play this game for like 2 years ago and I am really disappointed that I cannot play continuously and beat my high score or other high scores because the objectives of the game restrict me
  • I probably should mention the thing that I like about this game though
  • I would not recommend this though to people who have short patience like me haha

by Ms. Mycroft the Gamer

Are you a fan of the minions? I surely am! That’s why today, I’ll be giving you my honest and hopefully helpful review about the game Minion Rush. The game is from the developer Gameloft and as you can see, it is obvious that the game is based on the movie Despicable Me. So enough with the intro. Let’s start!
  • Minion Rush, Game on IOS and Android Devices
  • I would just like to share with you how I stumble upon downloading this game AGAIN. Yes, I had it back then but I had to delete it for some reasons. Don’t worry, I’ll share it to you later. So of course, I download it again because of my sister’s influence to me. This always happens and I stated it already in some of my game reviews. I just saw her play the game and I felt a bit envious or more like nostalgic because I miss the game somehow. So there. One of my reasons why I deleted the app back then is because the game always requires updates. It’s kind of hassle for me because our internet speed is not that super fast and the game takes too much time and effort for me because I turned off the auto update setting in my iPad. Whenever there is a mew update, I would go to the appstore and download the updates and this keeps on repeating all over again and I get too tired of it. Well, going back to the game, I see they changed the intro pic of the minions again. I mean, this always happens because they always update the game. There’s always something new in the game and I think that’s some kind of a positive thing but for me, I don’t consider it.

• Minion Rush, Game on IOS and Android Devices
  • I don’t consider it as a good thing because some of the good stuffs in the game are now gone. I used to play this game for like 2 years ago and I am really disappointed that I cannot play continuously and beat my high score or other high scores because the objectives of the game restrict me. I mean, you don’t have a choice but to play the jelly lab game then you will run as a minion but after you’ve done the objectives of the game, your minion will stop running then it’s all finished. I’m not playing for the objectives. I am playing for fun! How am I going to have fun if they always stop my current game!? I am just disappointed I cannot play the game just like before. Maybe that feature is still in the game but I can’t find it! Maybe I should finish the jelly lab games first before playing normally but I am so sick of the objectives. One objective even requires me to play the game for 30 seconds. Like what? I can even play a single game for 5 minutes if you’re just not stopping me.

So there, I just want to rant about that.

• Minion Rush, Game on IOS and Android Devices
  • Another reason why I deleted the app is because the game requires downloading too much contents. I just want to play but I have to download the place first. That’s really very annoying. Just imagine the memory space the game will occupy. That’s just too much! So by now, the game is consuming 360 mb in my iPad. That’s not really big but can they just let us download the game in the appstore for the whole content? It’s easier because we only have to download one. What’s the use of downloading the game in the first place? Is it only for the opening video of minions competing for the minion of the year? I do not want a video. I want a game!

• Minion Rush, Game on IOS and Android Devices
  • I probably should mention the thing that I like about this game though. Enough with the rants haha. My favorite feature of the game is the race where you compete with other online minions and try to get to the finish line first. I like that they provided some gadgets, as they call it, for the players to use in the race and surpass the other minions. What I don’t like about it is that gadgets can only be bought by the tokens with the G letter or by paying real money. In short, I don’t have a gadget right now. The tokens are hard to earn so why would I use it? Most of all, why would I pay them real money for a gadget? But I still like this race though. It still enables me to win the race even without the gadgets. By the way, I am the first placer in the picture above haha.

• Minion Rush, Game on IOS and Android Devices
  • One new feature of the game is the moon. I should talk about this because this is one thing that I also like (not love) with the game’s updates. It’s very simple. You just have to tilt the device to earn the stars around the moon. The moon is so cool in the game and that’s why I llike it. The animation is really cool when you tilt your device. By the way, you can only go here when you get a moon power up or whatever you call it while running in the game just like getting the XXL or fluffy unicorn and other stuffs.

• Minion Rush, Game on IOS and Android Devices
  • Let’s talk about the game’s visuals and sounds this time. Well, I still adore the sounds and music of the game because it is so like minions. The music is cute like the minions. It’s like I’m just watching Despicable Me. The visuals are great but not excellent for me. Well, they all look like the real minions but the animation is not that good. I dunno but I just feel it. If you’re going to look very closely and carefully at the screen, you will definitely agree with me. So until now, I still don’t know what is the connection of the starting vid to the game itself. So the lead minion wants to be the best minion then another gets it then the lead minion started to run when all the other minions are fighting for the title. Why did the lead minion run? I still don’t know so if you have an answer or an idea, please do share it with me. Kindly post a comment below.

So I am already running out of words. Might as well end this review. So my final verdict? The game is good at entertaining but can be very annoying sometimes and I would recommend it to those who love minions and to people who have a gadget with a big memory capacity since the game requires often updating and downloading contents. I would not recommend this though to people who have short patience like me haha. So what do you think of this game? Have you played it? Feel free to share your opinions and suggestions in the comments section below. Thank you! :)

Benjamin says :

re : There’s always something new in the game and I think that’s some kind of a positive thing but for me, I don’t consider it
The best app ever. I Used to play subway surfers but this just has so much more to focus on Defiantly worth 5 stars
Love this game

Ms. Mycroft the Gamer replies :

I am glad you find the best game for you. Thanks for sharing your thoughts

Benjamin says :

There’s always some new mission and it keeps me well entertained.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2813081647931131/k2311a0813/8.13.15