Interstellar (science fiction drama movie)
  • Well, I did bring myself to watch it after a while, and I thought that the Nolans, who both wrote and directed it had outdone themselves once again
  • I disagree since I actually saw that coming from the beginning, especially when she figured out that whatever it was, was actually trying to tell Cooper to stay
  • If you love science fiction and time travel Interstellar might just become your new favourite movie

by Redtape

Initially I was torn between wanting to watch Interstellar and actually watching it, because I’d read a lot of bad reviews about it on the internet. Some reviewers including one of my good friends who has a similar taste as mine in movies, claimed it was terrible, hyped up and a waste of a lot of money. While at the same time others claimed it was brilliant, and it was also nominated for and won a lot of awards.

Well, I did bring myself to watch it after a while, and I thought that the Nolans, who both wrote and directed it had outdone themselves once again.

• Interstellar (science fiction drama movie)
  • One of the first things you notice when you first start watching Interstellar is that the Earth is falling apart. Set years into the future from the world as we know it today, some horrible mistake mankind made has turned the Earth into one gigantic dustbowl.

As a result of the harsh conditions, food is hard to come by. Therefore, mankind has put an even greater emphasis on farming than they had done in over a century. Only the most brilliant of children now have the opportunity to go to college since the need for engineers and the like had decreased significantly.

The Earth’s imminent demise causes pioneers such as Dr. John Brand to believe that the only hope to save humankind would be sending a team of the Earth’s best to find another habitable planet. Thus when a wormhole appears near Saturn, Brand believes that it’s a chance for humankind to find a new beginning in another galaxy.

Brand deploys a team for some of the Earth’s best to find what he has been looking for. This includes Cooper, a widowed former pilot with two children. Nevertheless, it’s only after the team has reached a significant part in their journey, that it’s discovered that Brand has not been entirely truthful about his plans.

• Interstellar (science fiction drama movie)
  • Even though I eventually fell in love with Interstellar, it took me some time to reach that point because the movie is painfully slow. When I just started watching it, I was confused and frustrated because I didn’t exactly get a background of the Earth and the Cooper family, and so I could barely understand what was going on. Despite my frustration though I stuck to it, and I was proud I didn’t give up on the movie too son, because everything comes together nicely later on.

I also came to the conclusion that the movie might not have been the masterpiece that it was had certain aspects been revealed too quickly.

• Interstellar (science fiction drama movie)
  • I guess I should also have expected that Interstellar wasn’t going to be anything but good since it had so many great actors playing main characters. There were the award winning actors such as Anne Hathaway, Matthew McConaughey, Michael Caine, John Lithgow, Matt Damon and several others. However, the one I was most intrigued with had to be the actress Jessica Chastain who played Cooper’s daughter Murphy as an adult.

I already had an idea that she was talented after seeing her play roles in other movies. However this is the most emotional I’ve seen ehr in a movie so far since her character feels abandoned by her father.

• Interstellar (science fiction drama movie)
  • One thing that I greatly admired about the movie Interstellar was its try-hard incorporation of the scientific theory that wormholes could be an effective means of space-time travel. Therefore, in the plot this group of astronauts are able to explore planets in another galaxy, and complete a journey that would have taken them generations by using a wormhole as a shortcut.

In addition I had read that during production, the makes had gone out of their way to do enough research so that they could help the Visual Effects Artists depict a wormhole based on scientific interpretation.

• Interstellar (science fiction drama movie)
  • I remember reading a review where the person claimed that Interstellar showed promise until it was revealed that Cooper was Murphy’s “ghost”. The reviewer further stated that part became a little too hard to stomach.

I disagree since I actually saw that coming from the beginning, especially when she figured out that whatever it was, was actually trying to tell Cooper to stay. What I did find unbelievable though was that the adult Murphy was able to figure out so quickly and easily that her father was the ghost.

If you love science fiction and time travel Interstellar might just become your new favourite movie. However it can be agonisingly slow so you have to be patient with it.

Andrew Leither says :

Initially I was torn between wanting to watch Interstellar and actually watching it, because I d read a lot of bad reviews about it. I tend to stay away from reviews because they can reshape your thinking and “force” you to decide if you going to watch it or not. Hence, I like the pictures in your review and the movie was great. I have often read bad reviews on other movies, just shrugged, watched the movie and realized it was the best decision I could have made.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1110081647890731/k2311a0810/8.10.15