Movie, The Imitation Game  » Movies  »
  • Let me just share to you why I decided to watch this movie
  • You can just imagine the agony of the people that time so there's really no room for funny punchlines or whatever
  • It's not a biased judgement when I say that he is the best that can play the role
  • You will agree to me when you watch the movie
  • I would not recommend this to people who are looking for an action movie because obviously, this is not an action movie but I would recommend this to anyone looking for a great movie with a great storyline

by Ms. Mycroft the Gamer

I stumbled upon reading in advance about our Philosophy subject and I read something about the Turing Test. That made me think of the movie I just watched. Alan Turing is the main character of the movie The Imitation Game and he is also the same Turing in the Turing Test. How cool is that? But today, I will be reviewing all about the movie itself. Hesitating if you should watch the movie? Let me help you think about that. Let’s start!
  • Movie, The Imitation Game
  • Let me just share to you why I decided to watch this movie. Well, for your information, I am a certified Cumberbitch. Yeah, a Cumberbitch. I wanted to watch Benedict Cumberbatch anytime of the day and I decided to watch his movies. I mean, every movie if I could. That’s basically why I watched this movie. So what can I say? The movie is a very serious movie because it is based on a true story (Alan Turing’s story) and it is set on the world war 2 era. You can just imagine the agony of the people that time so there’s really no room for funny punchlines or whatever. They did a very nice job in maintaining the thrill and excitement in the movie.

• Movie, The Imitation Game
  • The cast, for me, is really carefully selected. Well, of course, I cannot think of anyone that can play the role of Alan Turing the way Benedict portrayed it. It’s not a biased judgement when I say that he is the best that can play the role. He’s exceptionally talented and he portrayed the role very well. You will agree to me when you watch the movie. I really loved the way he played gay in the movie. It’s not exaggerated. I can’t really imagine how he acted on it since he is not really a gay and the way he portrayed it is just so good. His moves are subtle and he really gave justice to the character.

• Movie, The Imitation Game
  • Moving on to the other characters, I really think they all gave justice to their roles. I have watched some of Keira Knightley’s movies and I can say that she really acts well. I just think she’s really good at roles which are like tomboys or not a girly girl just like in the movie Begin Again. She is, I think, one of the boys in the movie Imitation Game and she really played it well. The other characters are all good as far as I can say.

• Movie, The Imitation Game
  • I should definitely say something about the movie’s plot. So the movie is not linear because the movie starts with the interview of Alan Turing, the father of modern computer science. I don’t have a problem with the plot since it is easy to understand and it does not gravely affect the events in the movie. I love that the story is told in the way that it goes back to a flashback wherein Turing is with his friend when they are still young then the movie goes back to the world war 2 era again. Another thing that is worth praising is that the creators did not show some explicit scene and the story and events are ingeniously told. There are no sex scenes even though Sir Alan Turing had sexual experiences with other men and it made the movie much more formal or respectable because they proved that they do not need to show sex scenes in order for people to understand what happened with Alan Turing. I really commend the makers because of that.

• Movie, The Imitation Game
  • I should also be mentioning all about the setting and cinematography. I am just a bit disappointed that they just cut the clips of the real world war and just insert them in the movie. I mean, I quite expected that they will improvise the scenes so that they will seem realistic but I dunno. It just seems a little disappointing for me because it’s like they didn’t exert the best effort they can to make the movie more realistic. I understand that it is very hard to make the scenes where tanks and explosions are shown so I forgive them. It’s just quite off for me. Moving on to the setting, well I am impressed that they made the places look like they are from the world war era. The people’s choice of clothing and hairstyles are also very convincing. Their way of talking and choice of words are quite modern in my opinion. I didn’t notice their effort in putting old words from then that used to be in their normal language. Other than that, I don’t really have much to complain.

Maybe there are some downsides in the movie but I really enjoyed watching it. Maybe “enjoyed” is not the right word. Maybe I should say that I am very thrilled while watching the whole movie. So my final verdict? This movie is great in terms of giving justice to the Father of Modern Computer Science even though he was discriminated that time. I would recommend this to everyone who loves serious, thriller or exciting movies. I would also recommend this to students out there who are having Philosophy subject in the future and to those who are taking up Computer Science as a course. I would not recommend this to people who are looking for an action movie because obviously, this is not an action movie but I would recommend this to anyone looking for a great movie with a great storyline. So have you watched the movie? What do you think? Let me know! Feel free to share your opinions and suggestions below. Thank you! :)

Kristine Johnson-Krekelberg says :

re : I would not recommend this to people who are looking for an action movie because obviously, this is not an action movie but I would recommend this to anyone looking for a great movie with a great storyline
Suspenseful and sitting on the edge of your seat type

Ms. Mycroft the Gamer replies :

Totally agree. This movie does not need action scenes to be suspenseful glad to know we think alike

Andrew Leith says :

The setting and cinematography were all great and fantastic on their own without the suspense. It was a great movie. “The Imitation Game” movie was great with exceptional and memorable characters. Morten Tyldum, the movie director know how to make movies and bring characters to life. It was a brilliant movie and Turing was a brilliant man.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 117081647810231/k2311a087/8.7.15