Goliton Earpiece Speaker Flex Cable Ribbon Replacement for Samsung S4

by John

I replaced the Earpiece Speaker on a Samsung S4 because it gradually started to fail, and it eventually quit working altogether. I assumed the problem was with the Earpiece Speaker because the phone could make calls when using it on speakerphone. In the end the Earpiece Speaker was the problem because it fixed the problem once it was replaced.
  • Goliton Earpiece Speaker Flex Cable Ribbon Replacement for Samsung S4
  • So I purchased this Goliton speaker as a replacement for the original and I have no complaints. I should however mention that I purchased this from Amazon.com just in case someone’s in the market for it. It was only $5. The part wasn’t expensive, which is a plus. However, the difficult part comes when you have to replace it. I would suggest installing it yourself to save money because while it’s time-consuming, it isn’t too bad.

• Goliton Earpiece Speaker Flex Cable Ribbon Replacement for Samsung S4
  • I took this photo after I took the battery and the back cover off. There are a total of 9 screws on the back cover and these have to be removed to access the inside of the phone. The good thing is that these screws weren’t on tight at all and they just came right off. However, these screw holes are pretty small so I did have to use tweezers to remove each screws after they were loosened. FYI, these screws are all the same size so you can put them in either hole.

• Goliton Earpiece Speaker Flex Cable Ribbon Replacement for Samsung S4
  • In this photo I took off the large speaker that has to be removed to get the back frame off. This however is not the Earpiece Speaker. I removed the four screws previously, but this was a struggle to get off despite the screws being removed. I inserted a spudger tool into the top part to eventually pull it off. Because of how it’s designed you can not pull it up by the bottom end. It was tough to get an opening to insert the spudger but after repeatedly sliding along the top, the spudger went underneath, and the speaker pops off. Also when putting this back on you have to start with the bottom, or else you’ll struggle getting it into the frame.

• Goliton Earpiece Speaker Flex Cable Ribbon Replacement for Samsung S4
  • Unfortunately removing the screws does not completely loosen the back frame. There are clamps between the frame and the screen that have to be removed. To get this off, I ran the spudger along the opening between the screen and the back frame. It took about 5 minutes to get the frame off, and it was pretty tough because there are clamps around the entire phone. You want to apply enough pressure to remove the clamps but the frame is a bit flimsy so you should be diligent while doing this.

• Goliton Earpiece Speaker Flex Cable Ribbon Replacement for Samsung S4
  • This is the back area of the phone once I finally took the back frame off. The Earpiece Speaker is at the top area of the phone. I had to pull the camera back a little as shown in the photo because it’s located under the camera. FYI, there are no screws holding the camera so you can just pull it out of place.

• Goliton Earpiece Speaker Flex Cable Ribbon Replacement for Samsung S4
  • The small circle in this photo is the one screw that I had to remove. It wasn’t tough at all and it comes right off. The cable in this photo is for the Earpiece Speaker and this has to be disconnected from the main board. All you have to do is slightly pry under it because it came off without much difficulty.

• Goliton Earpiece Speaker Flex Cable Ribbon Replacement for Samsung S4
  • Once I got the screw out I pulled the old part off. There’s no adhesive on this part but it was tough to get off because it’s in a fairly tight slot. You’ll have to wiggle it around while pulling it a bit, but it does eventually come off.

• Goliton Earpiece Speaker Flex Cable Ribbon Replacement for Samsung S4
  • This is the new Earpiece Speaker as I got it in place and screwed it down. From here I’m pleased to say that everything else went back on as it was taken off, so I don’t want to bore anyone by repeating everything. I suggest referring to the previous photos if you do have problems putting something back on.

Like I mentioned earlier, replacing the Earpiece Speaker fixed the problem. It definitely works as intended. The call quality is awesome, and there’s no difference when compared to the oem speaker. I give it an A+, I highly recommend it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 378071647000431/k2311a078/7.8.15