05 Altima Climate control AC panel switch 13M293 replacement  » Cars  »
  • The problem was that the old switch was stuck on high, and adjusting the panel knob did nothing to change it
  • If you run into this particular issue, I would definitely suggest buying the part and replacing it yourself

by John

I purchased this replacement part for my 05 Altima after the original AC panel switch failed. The problem was that the old switch was stuck on high, and adjusting the panel knob did nothing to change it. After waiting about a week for it to fix itself, I got frustrated with it and purchased the replacement part. I should mention that this is the original Nissan part, and it’s not an aftermarket. It’s an exact match to the original, which is a plus.
  • 05 Altima Climate control AC panel switch 13M293 replacement
  • For anyone that’s in the market for a replacement, I should mention that I purchased this from Amazon.com. It was $24 dollars, which to me isn’t too bad. However, I should also mention that this was a used part. If you want a new OEM part, you’ll have to purchase it directly from Nissan.

• 05 Altima Climate control AC panel switch 13M293 replacement
  • This photo was as I started to remove the old part. There is this plastic covering that goes around the outer part of the panel switch. This thing just comes right off, without any difficulty. You’ll have to pull it off by one of the lower corners, because the top area is too snug. There are clamps on the back of this piece, and they’re pretty tough, they shouldn’t break, but you should be diligent of these when taking it off.

• 05 Altima Climate control AC panel switch 13M293 replacement
  • This was after I removed the plastic covering. There are four screws that have to be removed from the panel switch. These screws were a bit tight, so you have to apply a bit of pressure to get these off.

• 05 Altima Climate control AC panel switch 13M293 replacement
  • Once you get the four screws off, you can just pull the old part out of place. However, there is a harness on the backside of the part. On the plus side this wasn’t difficult at all to remove, particularly when compared to harnesses on most other Nissan parts. All I had to do was pull on this and it came right off.

• 05 Altima Climate control AC panel switch 13M293 replacement
  • This was after I put the harness back on and put the replacement part on. After this I put the four screws back on. Everything went back on as it came off, so there was nothing too fancy about it.

• 05 Altima Climate control AC panel switch 13M293 replacement
  • This was the outer plastic covering as I put it back on. This was a bit tough because you do have to wiggle it around a bit to get all of the clamps back in place. I inserted the top end, and then lowered the bottom part in place. Once I got it installed, I immediately tested it out. As expected it worked as intended and the panel switch works as it originally did.

I have no complaints whatsoever, I give it an A+! It works, and it wasn’t too bad to install. If you run into this particular issue, I would definitely suggest buying the part and replacing it yourself. It’ll save you some cash because you won’t have to take it to a shop. I would definitely recommend it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 98071646970431/k2311a078/7.8.15