BennyLouis Vibration Motor Part Replacement for iPhone 5C
  • It's definitely one of the cheaper parts, which is a plus
  • If you're in the market for one, I would definitely recommend it

by John

I purchased this to replace the vibration Motor on an Iphone 5c. The original vibration Motor failed, and it’s a bit annoying if the vibrator doesn’t work. The vibrator didn’t fail entirely because sometimes it would work and sometimes it didn’t. Anyways, this is not the oem part but it’s an exceptional replacement, and it does the job!
  • BennyLouis Vibration Motor Part Replacement for iPhone 5C
  • I purchased this from Amazon.com, just in case someone is in the market for one. It was only $5 so if you’re having problems with the vibrator I would suggest giving it a look. It’s definitely one of the cheaper parts, which is a plus.

• BennyLouis Vibration Motor Part Replacement for iPhone 5C
  • The toughest task was to get the part replaced. You have to remove quite a few parts, including the screen to replace this, but in the end I would say it’s worth it. I started out by taking the screen off. It was a bit tough to remove. These two screws in the photo are pentalobe screws, so you’ll need a pentalobe tool to get these off. To get the screen off you can use either a spudger or a suction cup. I just used a spudger to take the screen off because it’s always a bit quicker. I should also mention that none of these tools come with this particular part so you’ll have to purchase these if you don’t already have them. Anyways, there are clamps underneath the entire screen, and I used the spudger to disconnect these clamps. These were not without difficulty, and it took about 2-3 minutes before I finally got the screen off.

• BennyLouis Vibration Motor Part Replacement for iPhone 5C
  • This was after the screen was lifted from the frame. I wouldn’t suggest replacing the vibration Motor without disconnecting the screen cables and removing the screen. This part is located in a tight area at the very top of the phone, just underneath the screen, and it would be extremely difficult to get it off with the screen in place. Anyways, this photo shows the four screws that I took off to remove the metal cover from the screen cables. There was nothing fancy here, these screws just came right off, and I took the metal cover off.

• BennyLouis Vibration Motor Part Replacement for iPhone 5C
  • These are the two screws that I had to remove to take off the vibration Motor. I have the location marked for one of the screws, but it’s not shown in the photo because it’s deep in the upper corner. The other screw just came right off, but this one was a bit more difficult to take off. Once I loosened it a bit, I took my tweezers to pull it out of place so I could get the part off.

• BennyLouis Vibration Motor Part Replacement for iPhone 5C
  • At this point the vibration Motor was entirely loose, so all I had to do was lift it out of place.

• BennyLouis Vibration Motor Part Replacement for iPhone 5C
  • This is the frame of the phone once I got the old part removed. There are metal contacts here that I circled, and these match to the contacts on the new part. However, once you put the screws in these should align, so there’s not too much you have to do here. You should just be sure that these are clean, and that nothing is blocking them.

• BennyLouis Vibration Motor Part Replacement for iPhone 5C
  • This is the new part as I began to put it into the phone. I had to insert it into the frame, while at the same time aligning the screw holes. You’ll have to work with it and make adjustments as necessary, but this wasn’t too bad. From here I just put everything back on in reverse. I would suggest checking the previous photos if you do have problems putting something back on.

Altogether, I would say it’s an excellent part! There is no lack of quality, it vibrates with the same intensity as the original vibration Motor. If you’re in the market for one, I would definitely recommend it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 376071646870731/k2311a076/7.6.15