Zeetron Loud Speaker Premium Replacement Kit for Iphone 5c
  • The issue was that the Loud Speaker did not work at all
  • It does not impact the removal of the speaker, but I disconnected it to avoid any surges while working on the phone
  • If you need a replacement Iphone 5c speaker, I would definitely recommend it

by John

An Iphone 5c that I worked on had a defective speaker, so I purchased this Zeetron replacement. The issue was that the Loud Speaker did not work at all. It was definitely an huge inconvenience. However, if you played music via the headphone jack it worked without issue. I assumed it was an issue with the speaker since there was no issue with the headphone jack. In the end I was pleased because it worked once again after replacing the speaker.
  • Zeetron Loud Speaker Premium Replacement Kit for Iphone 5c
  • If you’re in the market for this, I want to mention that I purchased it from Amazon for $12.99. It’s a relatively inexpensive part. I also like this particular part because it comes as a kit. Everything that you need to open the phone is included in the kit, nothing has to be purchased separately, which is a plus.

• Zeetron Loud Speaker Premium Replacement Kit for Iphone 5c
  • This photo was taken as I started to remove the screen to access the inside of the phone. The two screw holes here are for the screws that hold the screen. You have to remove these and then lift the screen off the frame. You do need a pentalobe tool to take these screws off. However, on the plus side I should say that this does come with the kit. This kit also comes with a suction cup that you can apply to the surface of the screen lift it. However, I just used the spudger, which was also included to separate the screen from the frame. The suction cup would not remain in place, and it repeatedly slides off the screen, which is why I used the spudger instead.

• Zeetron Loud Speaker Premium Replacement Kit for Iphone 5c
  • This is the location of the Loud Speaker at the bottom of the phone. This was after the screen was lifted up. In this photo I labeled the screws that I had to remove to loosen the speaker. These screws weren’t tough at all, and they should just come right off. However, these screws are pretty small, and they are different sizes, so I would suggest labeling them as you take them off. I had to use tweezers to remove the screw in the corner because it’s an extremely tight area.

• Zeetron Loud Speaker Premium Replacement Kit for Iphone 5c
  • These are a few of the cables that I disconnected. The cable on the left is for the battery. It does not impact the removal of the speaker, but I disconnected it to avoid any surges while working on the phone. All I did was slide the spudger under this cable and it popped off. The smaller cable is for the antenna. This cable was extremely difficult to get off. However, it does have to be removed because it’s on top of a small piece of the speaker assembly. I used the spudger to pry under it and it eventually came off, but not without difficulty. When I removed it there was a bit of adhesive underneath it, which is why it was so difficult to remove.

• Zeetron Loud Speaker Premium Replacement Kit for Iphone 5c
  • There is a small adhesive strip on top of the speaker housing, and I had to remove this before taking the speaker off. I’m not sure of exactly what it’s for, but it comes from the charging port area. When you put this piece back on you don’t have to apply any adhesive because there’s enough leftover to put it back in place. I used a plastic razor to pry under this strip. Although it had adhesive, it wasn’t tough at all, and it just came right off. However, you should be diligent when removing this because this piece is extremely fragile, and you don’t want to cut or damage it during the removal.

• Zeetron Loud Speaker Premium Replacement Kit for Iphone 5c
  • This photo was as I begin to remove the speaker from the phone. It was in there pretty snug, so I had to wiggle it around a bit to get it out. As shown in the photo, I did not remove the battery. However, I would probably suggest removing the battery if you’re doing this, because it gives your more room to work with. Anyways, I lifted it at the bottom corner, and I eventually got it off.

• Zeetron Loud Speaker Premium Replacement Kit for Iphone 5c
  • This is the bottom area of the phone once I removed the speaker. The new part went back on essentially as the old one came off. There wasn’t anything fancy about it.

• Zeetron Loud Speaker Premium Replacement Kit for Iphone 5c
  • This photo was taken as I was putting the new part on and putting the screws back in. I don’t want to be too repetitive about this, so you should refer to previous photos if you have issues putting anything back on.

• Zeetron Loud Speaker Premium Replacement Kit for Iphone 5c
  • This is the speaker once I got all the screws back on. Once I got all parts on, I tested the speaker, and it worked without issue. I would say that there is no difference between this and the oem speaker.

Altogether, I would give it an A+! It took some time to install, and it was not without difficulty, but once I got it installed, it worked without issue! If you need a replacement Iphone 5c speaker, I would definitely recommend it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 376071646840731/k2311a076/7.6.15