Awolnation (electronic rock band)
  • The other current members in the band include Drew Stewart and Isaac Carpenter, who at one point toured with one of my favourite bands The Exies and musician Adam Lambert
  • I think their song Windows is a good example of that
  • Something else that I like about this bands so far is that their music videos are very creative attention grabbers
  • Awolnation sounds amazing live, but they're not very exciting it seems, and the vocalist doesn't seem to make much use of the stage
  • If you like Indie Music and Electronic Music I would recommend that you try Awolnation's songs

• by Redtape

The first time that I even heard of the band “Awolnation” was when someone I knew introduced me to their song “Sail”. Afterwards I haven’t heard much of them on neither the media nor anywhere else, but I still listen to their music from time to time.

In case you’ve never heard of the band Awolnation before, the Electronic Rock band was formed in 2009 by its present frontman, Aaron Bruno. Bruno had previously left the post-grunge band “Home Town Hero” for which he was also the vocalist. The other

current members in the band include Drew Stewart and Isaac Carpenter, who at one point toured with one of my favourite bands “The Exies” and musician “Adam Lambert”. The fourth member of the band is musician Kenny Carakeet.

The reason why Awolnation stood out to me is its very unique sound. The thing is their music style is different from the electronic rock bands I’m used to hearing. I find their style to be a bit more mellow and upbeat to the point where sometimes I don’t even think that

they sound like rock at all. I think their song “Windows” is a good example of that.

Something else that I like about this bands so far is that their music videos are very creative attention grabbers. I find that a lot of brands these days try to stay relevant by adding a little more sexuality and anything else to their videos that might help them stay a little more relevant. I don’t really thing that there’s much wrong with that, but I still find it refreshing to see unique ...

• Awolnation (electronic rock band)
      music videos as well.

One of my favourite videos from them so far would have to be a toss between the one made for “Sail” and another for their song “Kill your Heroes”.

In terms of concerts and performances, I have not been fortunate enough to see one live. However, I have made up for that by viewing some of their live performances on Youtube. Awolnation sounds amazing live, but they’re not very exciting it seems, and the vocalist doesn’t seem to make much use of the stage.

Awolnation’s most recent studio

album is entitled “Run”. I heard that the critical reception for it was such that there were critics who thought that the style was a bit confusing. I personally thought that more of the songs leaned towards a mixture of Indie Rock and Electronic Rock like they should. Thus I believe they are going in the right direction.

If you like Indie Music and Electronic Music I would recommend that you try Awolnation’s songs. It’s a bit different, but you’ll never you if it’s your cup of tea unless you try it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1429061646601030/k2311a0629/6.29.15