Gold Bond Ultimate Eczema Relief Lotion

• by Amber Young

I suffer from extremely dry skin on my body, especially in my hands. Normal body lotions just didn’t seem to help. Sure, they smell nice, but they weren’t moisturizing in the way I needed them to. I decided to try Gold Bond Ultimate’s Eczema Relief lotion. I don’t have eczema, but I figured that this had to be the good stuff. Extra strength. That’s exactly what I needed.

I used to work at Payless Shoesource, and the wax from the boxes dried my hands out to the point where they were peeling down to the red underlayer of skin. When I started using Gold Bond, I noticed a difference

in just a few days. The redness was going away, and my skin wasn’t peeling as much. I started using Gold Bond every day, and my skin saw a major improvement. I ended up quitting that job and saw double the improvement in my hands. Eventually, the dry, peeling skin went away completely, and my hands are now blister-free.

What I love the most about the Gold Bond lotion is that it’s fragrance-free and there are no steroids. Although topical steroids are meant to reduce inflammation of the skin when treating eczema, they’re not ideal for an everyday lotion. Long-term use of topical steroids can cause skin thinning,

skin darkening and can worsen other conditions such as rosacea or dermatitis. Gold Bond’s eczema lotion doesn’t use these steroids, so it’s good for continuous use with no ill side effects. It also has seven different moisturizers and three vitamins.

Gold Bond also has 2x the amount of colloidal oatmeal as regular lotions do, which not only gives it the faintest pleasant scent (fragrance-free is a bit off, but trust me, you’ll love the oatmeal smell), but also has added health benefits. Colloidal oatmeal is very finely ground oatmeal powder that is used to treat irritated or dry skin. Not only does this help treat eczema, but colloidal ...

• Gold Bond Ultimate Eczema Relief Lotion
      oatmeal is also useful for treating psoriasis, chicken pox and acne. Sunburns and bug bites can also be soothed by it. Gold Bond’s lotion alone isn’t meant to treat these ailments, but the colloidal oatmeal in it helps to soothe your skin and heal it back to normal.

The one drawback to this lotion is its price. An 8-ounce bottle is $9.99, which doesn’t seem like too bad of a price when you look at the bottle, but keep in mind you’ll most likely be using it as an all-over lotion. I’m 90 lbs, so I don’t have much area to cover, and I still run out of this lotion fairly quickly. $9.99 is more than most other lotions like Aveeno or store brands will sell for, but keep in mind that if you want the best results, you’re going to have to pay a higher price. I’ve tried the generic Gold Bond store brand before, and it just doesn’t measure up to the real thing.

If you need a stronger, safer moisturizer, one that will soothe your skin rather than irritate it with scents and harmful ingredients, I give my seal of approval to this lotion, and this lotion alone. I’d rate it an 8 out of 10. The price could use improvement, but the results make you feel absolutely wonderful.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3126061646460430/k2311a0626/6.26.15