Metra Dash Kit 99-7419 Radio Installation Kit for 2005-2006 Nissan Altima  » Cars  »
  • Due to the design of the factory stereo, there was no place to install my Pioneer stereo
  • I like this particular kit because there were no screws required to mount my stereo on
  • If you're replacing the stereo on an Altima, I would definitely recommend it

by John

I purchased this kit to install a non-factory stereo into a 2005 Nissan Altima. Due to the design of the factory stereo, there was no place to install my Pioneer stereo. Anyways, I purchased this and it took some time to install, but in the end it worked. FYI, I should mention that I purchased this from Amazon.com. At $14 dollars it was relatively cheap, and I was pleased with the price because these were near $30 at most local stores.
  • Metra Dash Kit 99-7419 Radio Installation Kit for 2005-2006 Nissan Altima
  • When I purchased this kit my factory stereo was already removed. Of course if you have issues removing your factory stereo, you can just do what I did in reverse. To install your new stereo onto the kit, you’ll have to clamp your stereo in from the backside. You’ll have to put your stereo in place before you mount this to your dash. If you install this before your stereo, you’ll have to remove it which can be time-consuming. I like this particular kit because there were no screws required to mount my stereo on. It has a built in clamp that holds the stereo. This photo was taken as I was clamping my stereo on. This wasn’t difficult because all you have to do is push it into the slot and it clamps in place.

• Metra Dash Kit 99-7419 Radio Installation Kit for 2005-2006 Nissan Altima
  • This is a separate issue but related to this product, so I also want to mention that I had to purchase a separate wiring harness to install my Pioneer stereo. This will probably vary depending on which stereo you’re installing. You also probably won’t need this in all instances. FYI, I had to install the Metra 70-7550 Wiring Harness, which I also purchased from Amazon. It was $5 for anyone that may be in the market for one. This harness connected to the harness on the back of my stereo, and to the harness that came from the Nissan factory stereo.

• Metra Dash Kit 99-7419 Radio Installation Kit for 2005-2006 Nissan Altima
  • The next thing that I did was to place the kit onto the mounts on my dash. This photo was before I put any screws in. The good thing is that it was the exact size and it matched precisely with my dash mounts. You have to line the holes on this kit with the small pieces on your dash, as shown in this photo.

• Metra Dash Kit 99-7419 Radio Installation Kit for 2005-2006 Nissan Altima
  • These are the two top screws that I had to put in. These were accessible, and they weren’t difficult at all to put in.

• Metra Dash Kit 99-7419 Radio Installation Kit for 2005-2006 Nissan Altima
  • These lower screws were much more difficult to put on. There are two of these screws, one on each lower corner. If you have a magnetic tool, I would suggest using them on these screws. They are deep inside of a tight area along the side of the dash. It was a struggle, but I eventually got them to go in.

• Metra Dash Kit 99-7419 Radio Installation Kit for 2005-2006 Nissan Altima
  • This is the vent cover as I started to put it back in place, it goes around the dash kit. When taking this thing off, you have to lift it from the bottom end. However, when putting it back on, you have to start by putting the top end on. There are clamps at the top that hold that cover in place, and you’ll likely damage these if you don’t put in back on properly. There are two screws that go onto the bottom of this, but I’ll get to that in a moment.

• Metra Dash Kit 99-7419 Radio Installation Kit for 2005-2006 Nissan Altima
  • This is the A/C module as I put it back in place. I had to remove this to get the vent cover off. I did disconnect any of the wiring, I only had to unscrew it. The two screws at the top of this module are also attached to the bottom of the vent cover.

• Metra Dash Kit 99-7419 Radio Installation Kit for 2005-2006 Nissan Altima
  • This plastic cover goes on top of the A/C module. This was as I put it back on. However, to get this off you just have to pull it by one of it’s corners, and it’ll pop out of place. Thankfully there were no screws attached to this. To get it back on, I just pressed down on it, and it clamped in place without any difficulty.

• Metra Dash Kit 99-7419 Radio Installation Kit for 2005-2006 Nissan Altima
  • This plastic piece came with the kit. This is intended to go around the front of the stereo once you get it installed. However, I had difficulty getting it to clamp around the front of my Pioneer stereo. I’m not sure if it’s an incompatibility issue or not, but I ended up just pushing it on there, but it’s not held in place securely because I couldn’t get it to clamp.

Altogether, I would say that I’m pleased with the purchase. It was cheap, but it took some time to get it installed. If you’re replacing the stereo on an Altima, I would definitely recommend it!
  • Metra Dash Kit 99-7419 Radio Installation Kit for 2005-2006 Nissan Altima

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 922061646340430/k2311a0622/6.22.15