Partlex 226808J000 MAF Meter for Nissan Altima  » Cars  »
  • I didn't have a particular issue with the original MAF, but I replaced it because it was causing my service light to come on
  • I purchased this from Amazon, and I paid $35 for it
  • It took me about 30 minutes to get it replaced, but it's definitely worth the price

by John

I replaced the original MAF on my 06 Altima with this Partlex part, and so far it’s been exceptional! I didn’t have a particular issue with the original MAF, but I replaced it because it was causing my service light to come on. I was getting the P0101 error which is related to the MAF. I wanted to replace it before it started having problems. After replacing the part it wiped off this error.
  • Partlex 226808J000 MAF Meter for Nissan Altima
  • I purchased this from Amazon, and I paid $35 for it. This was a bargain compared to some of the prices at most stores. This is a generic part because it’s not oem, but so far it’s been essentially the same as the oem part. The awesome thing is that I didn’t need it immediately so I didn’t have to buy it at a local store.

• Partlex 226808J000 MAF Meter for Nissan Altima
  • The is the area under the hood where the MAF Meter is located. If you’re at the front of the engine, it’s on the right side, just behind the battery. It’s attached to the other part of the intake with this clamp that’s shown in the photo. I loosened the bolt on this clamp using a 10mm wrench. You don’t have to take it all the way off, you just have to loosen it a bit. After doing this I just pulled the intake part off. It wasn’t stuck at all, if it’s tough to come off you probably need to loosen the clamp some more.

• Partlex 226808J000 MAF Meter for Nissan Altima
  • Next, I had to remove this harness off the side of the old MAF Meter. I used pliers to push in this tab and pull the harness off. The harness just came right off, it wasn’t tough at all, which is a plus.

• Partlex 226808J000 MAF Meter for Nissan Altima
  • It’s in a tight area, but there is a small piece that attaches a MAF wire to a bracket on the bottom of the Meter. I circled the small piece in this photo. You’ll have to remove this to remove the part. I didn’t need any tool to get it off. I just went under the metal bracket and pulled downwards on it. It was a bit tough but it eventually came off. When you put the new part back on, you want to be sure to put this back on because it can interfere with other parts.

• Partlex 226808J000 MAF Meter for Nissan Altima
  • This is the old part once I pulled it off. It just comes off once you remove the clamp, and take the wire off. When you do take it off, the filter cover is attached to it. There are a total of 4 bolts that I had to remove to take it off, there’s one in each corner, two of them are shown in the photo. I would suggest marking the bolt that has the metal bracket on it to ensure that you put it back in the right place. I removed the four bolts using a 10mm socket wrench. They didn’t have much torque, which is awesome, so they just came right off.

• Partlex 226808J000 MAF Meter for Nissan Altima
  • This is the area that the MAF Meter mounts to. This was after I removed the old part. You should probably check it for any damage, but there was none so I continued to install the new part.

• Partlex 226808J000 MAF Meter for Nissan Altima
  • I then put the new part in place and put the 4 bolts back on. The bolt with the metal bracket is not shown in this photo because it’s in the lower left corner. You don’t want to leave this bracket off because it’s extremely to put it on once the new part is back in place.

• Partlex 226808J000 MAF Meter for Nissan Altima
  • This photo is of the new part once I put the harness back on and put the clamp from the intake back on. There was nothing fancy with this step. I would just suggest that you tighten the clamp enough to prevent any leaks.

Altogether, I would say it’s an exceptional part. It took me about 30 minutes to get it replaced, but it’s definitely worth the price. There are many MAF brands out there, but you should definitely give this one a look!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 918061646200730/k2311a0618/6.18.15