ACDelco 9006 Professional Low Beam Headlight  » Cars  »
  • I should mention that I purchased it from Amazon, and I paid $11 for it

by John

I have a 2006 Nissan Altima, and I installed this as a replacement when one of the headlights went out. I should mention that I purchased it from Amazon, and I paid $11 for it. The price isn’t too bad because it’s much cheaper than the original.
  • ACDelco 9006 Professional Low Beam Headlight
  • Although it’s not the original version, I would say it works essentially the same. I only replaced one headlight, so the other original is installed with this one. There’s no difference in the distance or the width of the headlights when compared to the original.

• ACDelco 9006 Professional Low Beam Headlight
  • It was a bit tricky to get this replaced, but it only takes about 20 minutes. This photo is of the area where the headlight is located. I started out by removing this harness. I would suggest removing the harness before unscrewing it to get the wires out of the way. I used pliers to push in the tab, and pull the harness off. It was a bit tough because there was some corrosion. However, if you do use pliers you shouldn’t let them slip off because you’ll likely clip the harness wires.

• ACDelco 9006 Professional Low Beam Headlight
  • I also removed this clip from the frame to get more access to the headlight area. The headlight is located just underneath this wire. You probably don’t have to remove this, but I would suggest doing so because you’ll have more room to work in. To get this off, I squeezed the two tabs, which were underneath this metal piece, and I pushed it through this hole.

• ACDelco 9006 Professional Low Beam Headlight
  • The awesome thing is that there is only one screw holding the headlight in place. This is a photo of the screw that has to be removed to get it off. It’s an extremely tight area so you’ll probably need the smallest tool you got.

• ACDelco 9006 Professional Low Beam Headlight
  • This is the old part once it was removed. Once you take off the screw, you have to twist the harness end of the headlight to the left, and pull it out of the housing. You may have to adjust it a bit to get the tabs thru the metal housing, but this wasn’t too difficult.

• ACDelco 9006 Professional Low Beam Headlight
  • This is the replacement part once it was installed. You have to push it into the housing, twist it to the right, and put the screw back on. You’ll also have to put the harness back on. If it doesn’t go on, you should just put it on the other way because the tab should be towards the backside of the headlight assembly.

Altogether, I would say it’s an awesome part. It was cheap and it works the same as the original. I would definitely recommend it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 917061646191030/k2311a0617/6.17.15