LUSH Popcorn Lip Scrub  » Cosmetics  »
  • I don't like the taste of kettle corn so this was a bit of a disappointment for me
  • Of course, if you like kettle corn, this may be your new favorite product
  • I decided to keep the Popcorn Lip Scrub and continue using it
  • I wanted to give it a fair chance and I thought maybe the taste would grow on me
  • Because the taste was the only issue I had with this product, I am giving it a rating of 7

• by Marley Justine

Last fall, I purchased the Popcorn Lip Scrub from LUSH Cosmetics on a complete whim. If you are familiar with LUSH stores, you may know that ‘tester’ or ’sample’ lip scrubs are available to try. Personally, I don’t sample their lip scrubs in stores because I find the set up to be extremely unhygienic. Instead of having cotton swabs or disposable scoops available, customers just dip their finger into the sample pot. I understand the company is very environmentally friendly, but that’s just gross. So, when I purchased the Popcorn Lip Scrub, it was based on my previous positive experiences with LUSH products and the smell. Yes - the smell really does remind me of popcorn.

The taste of this lip scrub took some time to get use to. Unlike the smell which reminded me of a big bowl of buttery popcorn,

the taste reminds me more of kettle corn. I don’t like the taste of kettle corn so this was a bit of a disappointment for me. Of course, if you like kettle corn, this may be your new favorite product.

Had I tried this in the store, I would not have purchased it but instead would have opted for one of the other two lip scrubs LUSH offers. A few people suggested I take advantage of the generous return policy LUSH offers. I decided to keep the Popcorn Lip Scrub and continue using it. I wanted to give it a fair chance and I thought maybe the taste would grow on me. It did and it didn’t. Initially when I would apply this product to my lips I would get a shiver down my spine as I adjusted to the taste. After using it for about a week, that reaction went away. I didn’t reach a point where I ‘liked’ the taste or would lick the excess products off of my lips, but I didn’t mind using it.

Keep in mind, my reaction to the taste, especially early on, was based on not liking kettle corn. This lip scrub does not taste bad and I don’t want to discourage others from trying it. The taste is ‘unique’, especially compared to other lip products, and it won’t be pleasing to everyone. However, there are people who absolutely love the taste of this lip scrub. Because of the unique taste, this is one of the few products from LUSH Cosmetics that I would not purchase for someone as a gift.

I found the Popcorn Lip Scrub to be very effective. My lips felt soft and ...

• LUSH Popcorn Lip Scrub
      were visibly smoother while I was using the products. And, I did not experience any irritation on or around my lips.

This lip scrub contains both sugar and sea salt which help to remove dead skin from your lips. Compared to other lip scrubs I have used in the past, including the other lip scrubs that LUSH offers, I found the Popcorn Lip Scrub to be a bit rougher. I didn’t mind this and my lips were not irritated by it, but if your lips are especially dry and cracked, this may actually be a little too rough.

This lip scrub also contains both jojoba and coconut oils which help to hydrate your lips during the scrubbing process. Regardless of what hydrating oils a lip scrub contains or what it promises to do in terms of hydration, I always use a good-quality

moisturizing lip balm after using a lip scrub.

The Popcorn Lip Scrub by LUSH Cosmetics is available in-stores and online. A 25g pot costs $9.95 CDN. I know some people complain about the price of LUSH lip scrubs but honestly, you only need a pea-sized amount of product. I used this on a regular basis (sometimes daily, sometimes every other day) and I think it lasted for three months. For an effective lip scrub, I think the price is very reasonable.

While I enjoy making my own lip scrubs, I am a fan of LUSH Cosmetics and I will certainly purchase their lip scrubs again in the future. Will I repurchase the Popcorn Lip Scrub? Probably not. But that’s a personal preference based on taste.

Because the taste was the only issue I had with this product, I am giving it a rating of 7.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3117061646151030/k2311a0617/6.17.15