Some Kinda-A Gorgeous ‘Foundation Faker’ from Benefit Cosmetics  » Cosmetics  »
  • Unfortunately, medium was too dark and for some reason, I had my heart set on trying this product so I foolishly went out and purchased it in the shade 'Lite'
  • I think it has something to do with the lighting
  • Eventually, I found a new home for the lighter shade but I do have some 'Medium' left and I plan on trying it later in the summer once I have more of a tan to see if it is a better match
  • This 'foundation faker' is surprisingly light, which I like
  • If you have any blemishes or discoloration, you are definitely going to want to pair this with a concealer

• by Marley Justine

The Some Kind-A Gorgeous ‘Foundation Faker’ by Benefit Cosmetics is marketed as “a sheer, oil-free, cream-to-powder complexion perfecter with a natural, silky finish.” According to the product description, this product will smooth out imperfections and even out your skin tone with a “super natural and super gorgeous” finish.

I first tried Some Kind-A Gorgeous in Medium when I purchased Benefit Cosmetic’s ‘Primping With The Stars’ kit from Sephora. Unfortunately, medium was too dark and for some reason, I had my heart set on trying this product so I foolishly went out and purchased it in the shade ‘Lite’. In Sephora, Some Kind-A Gorgeous in Lite seemed to match my skin. I think it has something

to do with the lighting. At home, it wasn’t even close to being a perfect match. This brings me to my first complaint…

Why are there only three shades? This foundation is available in ‘Lite’, ‘Medium’ and ‘Deep’ and because of that, not everyone is going to have success matching it to their skin. As I mentioned, ‘Lite’ was too light and ‘Medium’ was too dark. I tried playing around with ‘Lite’ and ‘Medium’ to see if I could create my perfect shade but I didn’t have any success. Eventually, I found a new home for the lighter shade but I do have some ‘Medium’ left and I plan on trying it later in the summer once I have more of a tan to see if it is a better match.

When I first opened this, I expected it to feel heavy but it’s not. This ‘foundation faker’ is surprisingly light, which I like. If you’re looking for a light weight foundation for days where you don’t want to feel like you’re wearing makeup or summer in general, this is the light weight you want. That’s not to say this is the foundation you want. Even using a high-quality primer, this is not a last-all-day product, at least, not on me. I certainly wouldn’t recommend it to anyone who is going to be spending a day at the beach ...

• Some Kinda-A Gorgeous 'Foundation Faker' from Benefit Cosmetics
      or an afternoon by the pool. I wouldn’t even recommend it for travel or outings because in my experience, four hours after applying, it’s slipping off. Who wants to take a break from an exciting summer outing to fix their foundation?

Based on how light it felt on the skin, I was not surprised that this provided a very light coverage. However, I did play around with it and discovered it is buildable. It is possible to achieve a medium coverage using this. If you have any blemishes or discoloration, you are definitely going to want to pair this with a concealer.

Directions for application were to apply to the entire face using clean fingertips

for sheer, natural finish or using the included applicator for additional coverage. I tried both of these methods as well as applying with another makeup sponge and a makeup brush. Eventually I concluded, I’m not a fan of applying of this product. I don’t know how to explain it.

I have had great success with products from Benefit Cosmetics in the past and I really did want to like this product. Unfortunately, I didn’t. That’s not to say it’s a bad product, it’s simply not for me.

If you’re interested in trying The Some Kind-A Gorgeous ‘Foundation Faker’ by Benefit Cosmetics, it can be purchased online at BenefitCosmetics.com or from stores such as Sephora and Ulta.

Jennifer Davis says :

Hi, I have medium skin, but as I have gotten older I have gotten away from using heavy foundations when I don’t need to. My question is how much did this cost? I think it would be an interesting thing to try cause right now I’m just using a powder to cover but, its not doing what I’d like. How much did this cost you?

Marley Justine replies :

$ 36 CDN from Sephora.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3115061646031230/k2311a0615/6.15.15