The Matrix (science fiction action movie)  » Movies  »
  • I remember watching the movie The Matrix years ago when I was still a child and being completely impressed by the effects and action and being completely blown out of the water by the storyline
  • However, the problem is that I never really understood it or understood what the Matrix was supposed to refer to
  • It has also become one of my favourite movies of all time
  • I loved the scene because I thought it was an extremely dramatic ending for a magnificent movie and it left an open ending at the time, so there were whispers of there being a part two
  • I would recommend it too because I was still able to enjoy it even sixteen years after it was released

by Redtape

I remember watching the movie “The Matrix” years ago when I was still a child and being completely impressed by the effects and action and being completely blown out of the water by the storyline. However, the problem is that I never really understood it or understood what the Matrix was supposed to refer to.

Recently I rewatched it on cable and was able to understand it to the point where I have a renewed respect for the Wachowskis who wrote and directed it. It has also become one of my favourite movies of all time.

• The Matrix (science fiction action movie)
  • The protagonist in the movie is a young man named Thomas Anderson who works as a computer programmer by day, and is a hacker going under the alias “Neo” at night. He had always felt that there was something inexplicably strange about the world and is promised an explanation when a mysterious hacker named Trinity contacts him. Trinity refers him to a man, Morpheus who explains that he would provide the answers once Neo makes a final decision about whether or not he wants to known the truth.

Once Neo makes that decision, Morpheus gives him a pill that opens his eyes so he can see that the world he has come to know is actually an illusion. The veil is a program called the Matrix created to sate the minds of a captive human race that had fallen prey to a rogue Artificial Intelligence. In the real world, a dark post-apocalyptic 21st century, humans are birthed to power machines. They spend the rest of their lives in pods while unknowingly being fed the liquefied remains of their predecessors.

Zion is the only free human city that remains since it is has gone undetected, mostly due to the protection of Morpheus and his crew. However Neo strives to fulfill his purpose which is the continued protection of Zion and to fight for the freedom of the rest of the human race.

• The Matrix (science fiction action movie)
  • One thing that I can remember being impressed by when watching the Matrix at first so many years ago, was the special effects. While everyone else was impressed by the effects in the action sequences, especially the one where Neo dodges a bullet shot by Agent Smith, I was especially impressed a the time by the scene where Neo escapes his pod.

I loved the scene because I felt everything looked so very realistic; and even watching the movie again recently, I appreciated it because the effects were so far ahead of its time.

• The Matrix (science fiction action movie)
  • Something else that I really admired about the movie after I rewatched it was the story. At the time the movie was very unique because the story delved much further into virtual reality, a concept that wasn’t explored in great detail by many movies at the time. It was perfectly timed too, especially at the beginning of what most people saw as a technology revolution.

I liked the story because it’s written and filmed in a way that you can’t help but question your existence and reality once you really get into it. Therefore, I can’t help but remember that instrumental scene where Neo sees the cracked mirror transforming right in front of him after he takes the pill.

• The Matrix (science fiction action movie)
  • When rewatching The Matrix, I was able to relive the action scenes how I saw them a little after the movie was released. I remember thinking at the time that it was unlike anything I had ever seen before, mostly because of the fusion with the visual effects. At first when I started watching it again, I was worried that it would not have been as exciting as when I first watched it. However, I was able to find it just as exciting.

There’s that iconic scene that people keep referring to where Neo dodges the bullet fired by Agent Smith. I also loved the action scenes in the part where Neo and Trinity break into the building to free Morpheus.

• The Matrix (science fiction action movie)
  • Another of my favourite scenes in the movie The Matrix had to be the ending where Neo causes the system to fail and then fly away after embracing his purpose as “The One”. I loved the scene because I thought it was an extremely dramatic ending for a magnificent movie and it left an open ending at the time, so there were whispers of there being a part two.

The movie “The Matrix” has proven itself to be a classic based on the storyline as well as the fact that it helped to revolutionise filmmaking. I would recommend it too because I was still able to enjoy it even sixteen years after it was released.

7hereviewer gmail.com says :

re : I remember watching the movie The Matrix years ago when I was still a child and being completely impressed by the effects and action and being completely blown out of the water by the storyline
It had exactly the same effect on me. My mind was totally blown. I thought I have never seen anything like it before. I mean I liked the storyline but in the same time the idea behind it all is so scary and seems impossible but is it? It could be seen as a greater metaphor for so many different things. I just adore this movie.

ReadingBug says :

I have to admit that I have hidden my love for The Matrix in the closet. I thought it was going to be your average, typical science fiction movie, but it was a visual masterpiece by Bill Pope that would lay the foundation for other visual movies. The Matrix is the Genesis of action packed, visual films. I like how the characters would change once they entered the Matrix compared to the real world. Their real world lives were so basic and mundane, but in the Matrix they could be whoever they wanted–as long as the wore black and had a nice pair of sunglasses. I also appreciated the intricacy of the machines. You can tell a lot of story board planning went into making the machines because they appeared beautiful, but you knew underneath they wanted to kill everyone. I think the cinematography of the film allowed for creative freedom from the actors, and it showed because it is still one of the best films of all time.

Andrew Leith says :

I loved that movie “The Matrix” and I agree with you I was impressed and blown away with the movie. The story was fantastic and very scary.

7hereviewer gmail.com says :

I must say that I never talked about my fascination with Matrix either. I know that there are a lot of people who like the movie but I never ran into someone, except on the internet, who liked the movie as much as I did.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1111061645910930/k2311a0611/6.11.15