ePartSolution iPhone 4s Rear Back 8MP Camera  » Phones  »
  • I give it an A+, I would definitely recommend it

by John

I purchased this to replace the original camera on an Iphone 4s, and I would say that it’s up to par with the original. I had to replace the original camera because it wouldn’t take any photos at all. All photos were completely black. After replacing the camera the Iphone 4s could then take photos again.
  • ePartSolution-iPhone 4s Rear Back 8MP Camera
  • I purchased this from Amazon.com and I paid $5 for it. It’s an 8MP camera, which is the same as the original. The photo quality is essentially the same as the original camera. FYI, this is the rear camera, if you have to replace the front camera it’s a completely different part. I have to say that it wasn’t as difficult as I expected to replace the part.

• ePartSolution-iPhone 4s Rear Back 8MP Camera
  • I started out by removing the back cover of the phone. The two pentalobe screws at the bottom of the phone have to be removed. Once the screws are removed, the trick to getting the cover off is to slide it upwards and then lift it away from the phone.

• ePartSolution-iPhone 4s Rear Back 8MP Camera
  • The next thing that I did was to disconnect the battery. You don’t have to remove the battery entirely to get to the camera. However, you do have to disconnect it because you will have to remove the camera from the main board. This photo shows you the connector for the battery. You’ll have to remove the two screws. These screws are different sizes so when you put them back on you should be sure you’re putting them in the right place. The larger screw goes towards the top, and the smaller one goes towards the bottom. Once I removed the screws, I lifted the battery cable off the main board.

• ePartSolution-iPhone 4s Rear Back 8MP Camera
  • This is the area of the phone that houses the camera. This photo shows you the camera when it’s removed. You have to lift the camera’s connector off the main board and then the camera comes out of place.

• ePartSolution-iPhone 4s Rear Back 8MP Camera
  • This is the new camera as it was installed. For me it was less difficult to clamp the camera cable back onto the main board before placing the camera back onto the frame. It becomes more difficult to line the camera cable with the slot on the main board if you do this afterwards. Once you have the cable lined up, just push down on it and it clamps back into place.

• ePartSolution-iPhone 4s Rear Back 8MP Camera
  • Once you’re done with the camera, you have to clamp the battery cable back onto the main board, and then put the two screws back in. Once you have this done, all you have to do is put the back cover back on, and you’re done.

Once I finally got the camera replaced, it worked as intended! It takes the same photos as the original version, and it’s not too difficult to replace. I give it an A+, I would definitely recommend it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 379061645770730/k2311a069/6.9.15