Scene 75 Entertainment Center  » Entertainment  »
2.5
6196 Poe Ave Dayton Ohio 45414
  • However I have learned looks can be deceiving so we gave it a try

• by Melinda Fessler

So summer begins and one week in I hear “Mom I’m bored”. This is nothing new it happens every summer. So we sat down to try and decide where we could go for some family fun. We talked about a couple of places we had already tried but ended up going with a new place.

Scene 75 Entertainment Center in Dayton Ohio isn’t a new place it has been in business for a little while. I have steered clear of it because it seemed like a Chuck Cheese on

steroids type of place. However I have learned looks can be deceiving so we gave it a try.

Please make sure that you check their hours of operation before you leave the house. They are closed on Monday and Tuesday for private events. Their Wednesday-Sunday hours start at 11:00am.

This will save you a big headache and quite possibly a massive tantrum. The building is a basic warehouse with plenty of room where you don’t feel like people are right on top of you. There are plenty of attractions to choose from.

They offer laser tag, mini bowling, indoor mini golf, a 4D roller coaster simulator and go carts. There is also a large bouncing area for smaller children. They also offer several video games & try your luck type machines.

For the adults they offer a nice bar area with plenty of seating. There is a full service restaurant and a snack bar type area. They have plenty to offer for a day of fun for the family.

...

• Scene 75 Entertainment Center
      After being there for maybe 10 minutes I realized you have two options. Either take a ton of money with you or plan on only staying for maybe an hour. This is compounded if you have more than one child.

Each attraction that they have is $5-$8 a go. This doesn’t seem bad at first but it adds up very quickly. My son and I were there for a little over an hour and didn’t eat or drink anything and I still spent $85.

Ok, you say $85 isn’t that much which

is true. But if you take into consideration that we have a full service gigantic amusement park 25 miles away that only costs about $60 for an entire day of fun…its kind of silly. I’m not saying it is a bad place if as a parent you can handle the usual screaming and kids running around knocking into you.

It is the type of place you might go once a year for a special occasion. Go and give it a try but be warned take plenty of money and eat lunch before you get there.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 599061645760730/k2311a069/6.9.15