Nissan Altima Paraut W0133-1914120-ATS Water Pump  » Cars  »
  • I was disappointed when my original water pump failed, but I purchased this as a replacement, and it's essentially the same as the original
  • It's definitely a durable and nicely built part, while being relatively cheap
  • You should avoid twisting the bolt to the left, I did so and nearly damaged the tensioner

by John

I was disappointed when my original water pump failed, but I purchased this as a replacement, and it’s essentially the same as the original. I purchased this for a 2005 Altima, but it’s also compatible with 2002-2006 altimas, which use a similar engine.
  • Paraut W0133-1914120-ATS Water Pump
  • It’s definitely a durable and nicely built part, while being relatively cheap. When compared to the original Nissan water pump, it’s essentially an exact match.

• Paraut W0133-1914120-ATS Water Pump
  • Before I could take off the water pump I had to take off the serpentine belt. It was a bit tricky because it’s unlike most other belts that I’ve removed. FYI, you’ll have to take off the tire to get to the belt tensioner, which is shown in this photo. You have to twist the bolt on the belt tensioner to the right to unloosen the belt. You should avoid twisting the bolt to the left, I did so and nearly damaged the tensioner. You’ll need a 17mm socket wrench to to this. The belt tensioner has a lot of torque so I would suggest using a larger sized socket wrench. You’ll also probably need a shallow socket because this is a tight area and it’s difficult to work in.

• Paraut W0133-1914120-ATS Water Pump
  • You’ll have to hold the socket wrench in place while at the same time removing the serpentine belt. For me it was preferable to take the belt out through the bottom. I had someone else take the belt off the water pump while I kept the socket wrench in place. I would suggest having someone else around while doing this because this belt is on tight, and it takes a bit of pulling to get it off.

• Paraut W0133-1914120-ATS Water Pump
  • Next, I had to remove the bolts from the water pump. The photo shows all three bolts that have to be removed. I used a 12mm socket wrench with an extension to get to the bolts. Surprisingly these just came right off- they didn’t have much torque. However, once I got the bolts off it was difficult to pull the water pump off the engine. There is silicone sealant that holds it to the engine. I used a pry tool between the water pump, and the engine to pry it off.

• Paraut W0133-1914120-ATS Water Pump
  • This is the area of the engine that the water pump mounts to. Once I removed the water pump there was leftover silicone. I used a scraper to remove this before putting the new part on. Once I removed this I also put new RTV sealant on before mounting the new part on. Everything went back on as I took it off. The only tip I would give is to be sure to line the serpentine belt up properly with all the grooves before tightening it in place. If you don’t the belt will wear out quicker.

It was a difficult install. However, it had nothing in particular to do with the part because once it was installed, it worked as good as the original water pump.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 99061645740730/k2311a069/6.9.15