Ecover Natural Stain Remover  » Housewares  »
  • The reason I initially purchased this stain remover was because it came recommended as 'the best natural stain remover' by a cloth menstrual pad manufacturer
  • Still unaware of the ingredients, I found myself absolutely delighted with how well this product worked
  • I think the only stain I struggled to remove with this product was a beet stain, that had several hours to set before I noticed it, on a white shirt
  • I love that there is no need to keep a scrub brush nearby or to rub material together, ultimately getting product on your hands
  • That being said, I do not recommend this product be used on cloth menstrual pads, underwear or cloth diapers

• by Marley Justine

When I first bought the Ecover Natural Stain Remover, it immediately became a laundry room essential and replaced stain removers such as Shout and Oxy Clean that I had used in the past.

The reason I initially purchased this stain remover was because it came recommended as ‘the best natural stain remover’ by a cloth menstrual pad manufacturer. With a company name like Ecover and the word ‘Natural’ in the name, I’ll admit, I didn’t even look at the ingredients before purchasing or using.

Still unaware of the ingredients, I found myself absolutely delighted

with how well this product worked. This was successful on almost every stain. I think the only stain I struggled to remove with this product was a beet stain, that had several hours to set before I noticed it, on a white shirt. One afternoon, while telling a friend all about this miracle product’s ability to remove blood stains she stopped me and asked why I wasn’t using a chemical free product. After confirming that we were talking about the same product, I was surprised to learn that my assumptions as to just how natural this product was had been wrong. While this stain remover is bio-degradable and made with plant-based ingredients, it certainly isn’t the most natural product on the market and contains potentially harmful ingredients, including, but not limited to SLS.

As dramatic as it sounds, I was heart broken. I immediately stopped using this product on my cloth pads and have continued experimenting with more natural alternatives for stain removal. However, having never had so much success with a stain remover before, I found myself unable to give this product up entirely. It ...

• Ecover Natural Stain Remover
      may not be the most natural or environmentally friendly option on the market, but it certainly isn’t the worst.

I love the built in (brush) applicator. It really helps to work the product into the stain. I love that there is no need to keep a scrub brush nearby or to rub material together, ultimately getting product on your hands. And of course, I like that this product is not tested on animals.

After applying this product to the stain, I like to wait at least fifteen minutes before washing the item. Depending on

the stain, I sometimes wait longer.

Despite being a little upset about the ingredients, I still keep this product in my house and use it when needed, and I do recommend it to others. That being said, I do not recommend this product be used on cloth menstrual pads, underwear or cloth diapers. And, according to Ecover, this product should not be used on wool, silk or other delicate fabrics.

While I struggle to find this product in-stores, it is readily available online. A 200ml bottle of Ecover Natural Stain Remover typically costs less than $6 CDN.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 538061645650130/k2311a068/6.8.15