Crest 3D White Toothpaste (Radiant Mint)  » Health  »
2.5
  • I especially enjoyed admiring my teeth after every brushing because visible results were almost immediate
  • While I was thrilled with the product's whitening ability, I think it is important to acknowledge the words up to and surface stains
  • Two weeks later I found myself back at the dentist

• by Marley Justine

Although I am not proud of this, I will admit that when I was first introduced to the Crest 3D White toothpaste, I quickly fell in love. I especially enjoyed admiring my teeth after every brushing because visible results were almost immediate.

Compared to other toothpastes, Crest 3D White toothpaste is more expensive. Aside from minor discounts (less than $1.00 off), I have yet to see this product go on sale. However, if you compare the price

to that of other whitening products, this seems like a steal.

This toothpaste claims it can reduce up to 80% of surface stains in just two weeks. While I was thrilled with the product’s whitening ability, I think it is important to acknowledge the words “up to” and “surface stains”. Results will vary.

I was in love with my toothpaste and feeling pretty confident about my ‘pearly whites’. But after approximately one month of using this toothpaste two or three times a day, I was at a routine dental appointment and was informed that seven beads from the toothpaste had been embedded in my gums. It was recommended that I stop using the product. But stubborn, and happy with my white teeth, I refused to let a few ‘harmless beads’ influence my decision and continued using this toothpaste.

Two weeks later I found myself back at the dentist. I was convinced I had an ...

• Crest 3D White Toothpaste (Radiant Mint)
      exposed nerve. As it turned out, more beads were embedded in my now irritated gums. Not wanting to have weekly dental appointments, I immediately stopped using the Crest 3D White toothpaste and within a couple of days, my gums felt 100% better.

Today, I aim to use natural oral hygiene products whenever possible. I have actually had great success whitening my teeth with just a pea sized amount of baking soda a couple of times a

week. I realize the practice is often debated, but I personally haven’t had any issues.

Even though I no longer use the Crest 3D White toothpaste, and despite the number of beads I had embedded in my gums, I feel it is only fair to give this product an average rating. I loved the long-lasting minty taste and I was thrilled with it’s effectiveness at whitening my teeth.

Did you have any issues using the Crest 3D White toothpaste?

Maria Basto says :

After starting to use it, how long it took for you to notice some whitening?

Galega says :

It varies from user to user. It actually depends on the actual status of your teeth. If there is very little stain, you may feel some whitening changes within one week. For more stain, it may take more time.

Marley Justine replies :

For me, I noticed results after the first use. That being said, I was using this product for very minimal surface staining.

I know people who have tried this without success and had to see a dentist to get their teeth whitened because of the type of staining they had on their teeth.

Shayna says :

Results are hardly noticeable. Go with whitening kit instead.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3428051645170631/k2311a0528/5.28.15