e.l.f Essential Shine Eraser (Blotting Sheets)  » Cosmetics  »
  • One visible difference I immediately noticed was the color - I love that these aren't blue
  • The first time I tried to remove a single blotting sheet from this packaging I ended up pulling three out, and unfortunately, they cannot be easily inserted back into the packaging
  • I have noticed that these sheets are quite absorbent, which is great, but that means they start absorbing the oils on your fingers when you handle them
  • I strongly recommend them to anyone with normal-oily skin

• by Marley Justine

Because my skin tends to be a little on the oily side, especially from May-September when the warm weather arrives or when I am traveling, blotting sheets are one of my must-have beauty products. But even though they help, most of the time, I feel like I’m being ripped off. I’ve spent up to $8 on just 25 blotting sheets!

While placing an online order from the e.l.f Cosmetics website, I came across the e.l.f Essentials Shine Eraser blotting sheets. For just $1 USD, you get 50 blotting sheets. Even though I read some mixed reviews on the e.l.f Cosmetics website, I couldn’t resist trying this

product. I was placing an order anyway, so in my mind, the worst case scenario was being out one dollar if I wasn’t satisfied.

The e.l.f Essentials Shine Eraser blotting sheets are similar in size and appearance to the other blotting sheets I have used. One visible difference I immediately noticed was the color - I love that these aren’t blue. The light beige makes them much more natural looking.

The packaging lacks the ’sticky tab’, which many other blotting sheet packages include to help remove just one blotting sheet at a time. The first time I tried to remove a single blotting sheet from this packaging I ended up pulling three out, and unfortunately, they cannot be easily inserted back into the packaging. It didn’t take long before I became familiar with the packaging and could remove a single blotting sheet at a time with ease.

Some of the reviews I read about this product included claims of needing five or more blotting sheets at a time. This has not been my personal experience. As previously mentioned, my skin tends to be a little on the oily side but until now, one sheet has worked fine. Lately we have been experiencing some hot and humid weather and on particularly hot days, or if my ...

• e.l.f Essential Shine Eraser (Blotting Sheets)
      skin is especially oily, I will sometimes use two blotting sheets. I have noticed that these sheets are quite absorbent, which is great, but that means they start absorbing the oils on your fingers when you handle them. If possible, wash and thoroughly dry your hands before handling.

I also read reviews from people complaining that the blotting sheets left black specks on their face. Again, this was not my experience. That being said, when I started using these I was quite paranoid and would only use them if I had a mirror on hand.

While the e.l.f Essentials Shine Eraser blotting sheets are quite absorbent and

effective at absorbing oils and reducing shine, I’ve noticed they do not absorb 100% of the oil. While this may sound negative, for me, it isn’t. These sheets leave my skin looking naturally dewy.

The e.l.f Essentials Shine Eraser blotting sheets are now one of my essential beauty products. In fact, I’m so thrilled with the product, I have an unopened package on hand for my outdoor wedding this summer and am planning on purchasing more to have in our bathroom baskets. I strongly recommend them to anyone with normal-oily skin. As previously mentioned, a package of 50 is only $1 USD. Trying these is practically risk-free.

Jennifer Davis says :

Hi, I was wondering if there was a place other than online where I might could get these. My daughter is starting to have a problem with oily skin and so these shine sheets would be great for her. Is there a place I can go pick these up so that we don’t have to wait for shipping?

Marley Justine replies :

I’m not sure. I think Target carries e.l.f Cosmetics products, so that might be a good place to start. Sorry I don’t have a better answer

Jennifer Davis says :

Thanks a lot. Your a big help, Ill go look this weekend.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3127051645120331/k2311a0527/5.27.15