Mary Kay Lash Love Waterproof Mascara (Color: Black)  » Cosmetics  »
  • Mary Kay Lash Love Waterproof Mascara was the first mascara that has not had this affect
  • As a big time skeptic of the Mary Kay business model, I hesitated to order because I didn't want a rep knocking at my door every month
  • But I soon realized that this was because the mascara goes on so clean that I simply needed to dip the wand again and apply a second coat

• by Stephanie L. Smith

As someone who appreciates quality makeup, but also has a limited budget, I have long searched for a black mascara that would not clump, or make my eyelids itch after several hours of wear. If it happened to be waterproof, that would be even better. I am not an individual with a long list of allergies (in fact, I have none) but MOST mascaras would leave me

pulling at my lashes, trying anything to rub away the irritating itch in my lashes after a few hours of wearing mascara.

Mary Kay Lash Love Waterproof Mascara was the first mascara that has not had this affect!

As a big time skeptic of the Mary Kay business model, I hesitated to order because I didn’t want a rep knocking at my door every month. I also hadn’t fallen in love with any of the Mary Kay products I had tried before.

But,in my attempt to keep my mascara purchases in the confines of a “drug store budget” rather than splurging on the $35 versions at department store makeup counters, I placed my order. It arrived quickly and I eagerly applied it.

I pulled the wand out and it gave that satisfying “pop” that ...

• Mary Kay Lash Love Waterproof Mascara (Color: Black)
      signifies freshness. I applied it as I normally would any other mascara I’ve tried.

I looked in the mirror to assess the results. My lashes were defined, and separated.

No clumps. There was a noticeable lack of “oomph” though.

But I soon realized that this was because the mascara goes on so clean that I simply needed to dip the wand again and apply a second coat.

The miracle of this is that I could build the mascara on my lashes to achieve the “oomph” I was looking for and without having to make the compromise of clumps.

Hours later, no itching!

And as labeled: absolutely waterproof. The irony of this story? This mascara is so wonderful, I’m kind of looking forward to the Mary Kay rep knocking on my door to ask me if I want to re-order.

Jennifer Davis says :

I would be interested in trying this mascara. I need to switch because my current Maybelline is becoming a problem. How much did you pay for this mascara in total, also I really don’t need a mary-kay rep coming to my door either. Is there a way to order this online without going through a rep?

roslyn sante says :

re : But I soon realized that this was because the mascara goes on so clean that I simply needed to dip the wand again and apply a second coat
I am not a fan of mascara as i am a housewife before so i don’t even tend to put any makeup, i only use it for a special occasion although i have a complete makeup kit myself especially mascara,but now a working woman facing professional people everyday so i wanted to look my eyelash stunning but i don’t like my eyes look blacked when i wash my face and when i try this Mary Kay waterproof mascara i have to make sure first that it won’t be like my previous mascara, so glad to meet beauty consultant in Mary Kay she offered me this product and i got crazy of their mascara i really like it,I also wanted to be beauty consultant ,. and i suggest if you use curlier just make sure you curled it before putting this mascara so you’ll have your lash perfectly.
Promise it’s purely waterproof and it’s long lasting wear.

Dave Archer says :

I agree

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3126051645090831/k2311a0526/5.26.15