The Diva Cup
  • I found that if I put it in while sitting down on the toilet, it is more comfortable
  • The thing that I think bothers most people is the fear that stuff will slosh out (I know
  • After 12 hours, most people, like myself, barely fill theirs half way, so sloshing is not a problem
  • If for whatever reason the outside gets messy, I rinse it in my sink, or tub (most of the yuck is in the toilet) There is an ick factor for some people but to me it isn't any worse than a pad, actually, it is tons better than a pad in my opinion

• by Alisha Hudman

Every month I dreaded my period, for all obvious reasons of course, but also because I HATED the mess and odor of pads and the fear of toxic shock syndrome from tampons. I found Diva Cup and had to try it out. I am so glad I did!

The Diva Cup is a flexible silicone cup that fits inside your canal in such a way that it catches all of your monthly flow. It seems a little big when you first look at it, but you put it in by folding it in half, and because it is flexible it goes in pretty easily.

I found that if I put it in

while sitting down on the toilet, it is more comfortable. I had to try a couple of times at first to get it right, but once it was in properly, it was comfortable. Taking it out is a little more difficult though.

I have to reach in about half an inch and pinch the base to break the suction, otherwise it is pretty uncomfortable getting it out. The thing that I think bothers most people is the fear that stuff will slosh out (I know. ewww) when you take it out, but the cup is actually designed to hold double what the largest tampon can hold.

After 12 hours, most people, like myself, barely

fill theirs half way, so sloshing is not a problem. When I take it out, I sit on the toilet, break the suction, pull it out and dump it. If for whatever reason the outside gets messy, I rinse it in my sink, or tub (most of the yuck is in the toilet) There is an ick factor for some people but to me it isn’t any worse than a pad, actually, it is tons better than a pad in my opinion.

There are two sizes to choose from. One for women under the age of 30 who have never had a baby vaginally, and size 2 for women over 30,

• The Diva Cup
      or women who have delivered vaginally. I chose size 2 because I have had two children vaginally and at first it seemed a little big, but with time, I am glad I have chosen the bigger one.

I can’t feel it at all when its in, and the smaller one may have slipped around too much. I have kept it in for 12 hours with no leaks, pains or any other issues. For me the huge benefits are as follows: No chemicals: I don’t have to worry about TSS like with tampons.

No odors. No wrapping up

used pads or tampon inserts. No buying tampons or pads every month.

No need for carrying around extra pads or tampons, or having to ask a friend in my “secret” voice for a feminine product, then sliding it up my sleeve trying not to draw attention. The price point seems high at first at $40, but then when I factor in all of the tampons/pads I am never going to have to buy again, it’s worth every penny. I love it! So thankful for it! Please give it a shot! It’s great for the environment, and even better for your body.

The Diva Cup
Jennifer Davis says :

Is this available in the united states? My daughter recently saw this and wants one. She hates using tampons and pads. I have spoken to her gyno and he said that this would be an acceptable alternative to try, but I just don’t know where to find it. Can anyone tell me where I might be able to find something similar to this here in the states?

Marg says :

Yes, they are available on Amazon, check here:

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3422051645010531/k2311a0522/5.22.15