e.l.f Studio Brush Shampoo  » Cosmetics  »
  • Although some people would probably consider the e
  • A few newer brushes shed a few bristles, but I know that would have happened with any cleaner
  • If you are looking for an inexpensive brush shampoo, I highly recommend the e

• by Marley Justine

According to the product description on the e.l.f Cosmetics website, the e.l.f Studio Brush Shampoo is an anti-bacterial brush cleanser that washes away traces of makeup, dirt, oil and debris from your makeup brushes, while also conditioning the bristles. It should not be confused with the e.l.f Studio Daily Brush Cleaner. This product is not for daily use, but instead should be used every week or two to deep clean your brushes.

Because of my experience with

the e.l.f Studio Daily Brush Cleaner, which ended up causing skin irritation and break outs, I was a little hesitant to try this brush shampoo. Fortunately, my experience with the e.l.f Studio Brush Shampoo was much different.

Using the e.l.f Studio Brush Shampoo is easy, just massage a small amount of shampoo through the wet bristles of your makeup brushes. Almost immediately, color will start to run out. Rinse thoroughly until the water runs clear, then gently squeeze out any excess water, re-shape the bristles and lay flat on a clean cloth to dry. Do not use your makeup brushes or put them away until they are completely dry.

Although some people would probably consider the e.l.f Studio Brush Shampoo to be ’scent free’, I find it does have a very mild scent. That being said, I did not notice any lingering scent on my makeup brushes after washing them with this brush shampoo.

• e.l.f Studio Brush Shampoo
      More importantly, I found the e.l.f Studio Brush Shampoo very easy to rinse out of my makeup brushes and I didn’t have any problems with my brushes ’shedding’. A few newer brushes shed a few bristles, but I know that would have happened with any cleaner.

The e.l.f Studio Brush Shampoo surprised me with how clean and soft it left my brushes looking and feeling. It even removed an ancient stain that I had given up hope

of ever removing.

A 4.1 fl oz bottle of the e.l.f Studio Brush Shampoo can be purchased for $3 USD from the e.l.f Cosmetics website. Because such a small amount of product is needed to thoroughly clean brushes, this seemingly small bottle will last quite a while.

If you are looking for an inexpensive brush shampoo, I highly recommend the e.l.f Studio Brush Shampoo. Worst case scenario, you don’t like it and you’re only out $3 USD.

Jennifer Davis says :

I think this would be a nice product to help teach my girls how to clean their brushes properly, I have some Sephora brush cleaner but its expensive and my daughters tend to use way too much. Is this available in stores somewhere?

Marley Justine replies :

I can only confirm that this product is available on the e.l.f Cosmetics website. However, it may be available at Target.

Arghadipchakrobortty says :

re : If you are looking for an inexpensive brush shampoo, I highly recommend the e
This is good for skin I person al use this

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3118051644860631/k2311a0518/5.18.15