Loreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara  » Cosmetics  »
  • However, even though I love this product, there are one or two flaws that bother me about the mascara
  • I used to pay $16 to get a rich dark black pigmentation for my eyes using high end mascaras, but the voluminous mascara offers this at literally half the cost
  • I don't think that the slime is harmful for my eyelashes or anything, it's just that it feels weird
  • I think it's because the formula is so thick, the formula sticks to the bottom of the lashes but not the tip
  • But overall I'm going to continue using this mascara, and will recommend this to anyone who's willing to try something new

• by Sid Orpa

This is a drug store mascara, and is by far way better than the high end mascaras I’ve purchased. It does the same thing if not better, but the L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara is much more reasonably priced. However, even though I love this product, there are one or two flaws that bother me about the mascara. To me it’s nothing really terrible, I don’t mind it much, but to other people it might be a game changer.

What I love about this mascara:

-Pigmentation is super dark, PITCH BLACK!

/> -This mascara makes lashes look full and packs in volume.

-The tube still hasn’t ran dry after 6 months.

-The basic wand shape offers even lash lengths for both eyes.

I used to pay $16 to get a rich dark black pigmentation for my eyes using high end mascaras, but the voluminous mascara offers this at literally half the cost. Also, I purchased this mascara the same time I purchased the Clinque Lash Doubling mascara (I use both of them every day), but the clinque tube is already running dry and the Voluminous hasn’t yet.

But I also have some pet peeves about this mascara as well. The wand, even though it’s really basic, is kind of fluffy so it picks up a lot of product, in turn making lashes clumpy. So you have to use this mascara in moderation, especially if you’re going to combine it with another. I also believe that the formula of the mascara is thick and a little unusual, so it also contributes to clumps. When I’m washing the mascara ...

• Loreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara
      off, if I touch my lashes they feel kind of slimy when the product isn’t fully washed off the lashes, and I’m pretty sure it’s again due to the formula. I don’t think that the slime is harmful for my eyelashes or anything, it’s just that it feels weird. Finally, THIS MASCARA DOES NOT LENGTHEN LASHES! I think it’s because the formula is so thick, the formula sticks to the bottom of the lashes but not the tip. You have to really focus on gliding the brush
      along the tip of the lashes to get length, but that is a lot of work as well. So I have to use another mascara for the length. But this product is like a push-up bra for your eyelashes, it really does volumize thin eye lashes.

My main problem is with the formula, it all comes back to that. I’ll live if L’Oreal doesn’t change it, but it is still a little bit annoying. But overall I’m going to continue using this mascara, and will recommend this to anyone who’s willing to try something new.

Loreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara
Jennie Garcia says :

re : I used to pay $16 to get a rich dark black pigmentation for my eyes using high end mascaras, but the voluminous mascara offers this at literally half the cost
Voluminous mascara really hold up to its name. It is thickening, curling and extended wear. I recently bought an $ 18 mascara which was disappointing that I went out and bought voluminous right away as a replacement.

Sydney replies :

Does it work better than the $ 18 one?

Jennie Garcia says :

re : I don’t think that the slime is harmful for my eyelashes or anything, it’s just that it feels weird
The mascara is slightly heavy but for the effect it offers, it’s worth it. There is nothing weird about the feeling on my eyelashes.

Sydney replies :

If you wet your eyelashes with just regular water until it’s running, you can feel the formulas kind of slippery or slimy.

Jennifer Davis says :

Has anyone observed any side effects while using this mascara? Its time for me to get a new volumizing mascara and I would like to try something new.

Sydney replies :

If your trying to buy this mascara, go for it There aren’t any weird side effects. I’ve been wearing this mascara for about more 7 months and I haven’t noticed anything weird going on :)

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3115051644830631/k2311a0515/5.15.15