Vitamin E Moisture Cream from The Body Shop
  • One of the first things I noticed about this cream was that it is very light on the skin, while still managing to provide noticeable moisture
  • While I'll admit the product does have a strong scent initially, the smell quickly fades and personally, I like the smell of this cream
  • Although the packaging says (in extremely hard to read, super small, silver on light pink, text) to avoid the eye area, I couldn't resist using this cream as an under eye moisturizer
  • One thing I have noticed is that the Vitamin E Moisture Cream seems to attract bugs, especially mosquitoes and black flies and wasps and hornets
  • For many, this may be a non-issue but for me, it is something I pay attention to

• by Marley Justine

Recently, I received the Vitamin E Moisture Cream from The Body Shop as part of a bridal shower gift. This is actually my second time using the product - approximately one year ago I purchased this cream when it was on sale. According to the product description on The Body Shop website, the Vitamin E Moisture Cream is their best selling daily moisturizer.

Prior to using this product for the first time last year, I was a little hesitant. I had heard some negative feedback about the cream, particularly about it causing breakouts and even though my skin isn’t terribly

sensitive, I couldn’t help but feel nervous. Of course, I did end up trying it and fortunately, I didn’t have any issues. That being said, regardless of whether or not you have sensitive skin, you should be aware that some customers have complained about skin irritation after using.

One of the first things I noticed about this cream was that it is very light on the skin, while still managing to provide noticeable moisture. It also didn’t take me long to notice that this cream does not leave my skin feeling greasy, which is one of my requirements for a

moisturizer.

Compared to other products from The Body Shop, the Vitamin E Moisture Cream has a scent that seems geared towards older customers. While I’ll admit the product does have a strong scent initially, the smell quickly fades and personally, I like the smell of this cream. It reminds me of many other moisture creams on the market.

Although the packaging says (in extremely hard to read, super small, silver on light pink, text) to avoid the eye area, I couldn’t resist using this cream as an under eye moisturizer. As a treat, I like to pop this moisturizer in the ...

• Vitamin E Moisture Cream from The Body Shop
      fridge for a few minutes before applying it to my under eye area, or even my entire face. It is so soothing and relaxing.

One thing I have noticed is that the Vitamin E Moisture Cream seems to attract bugs, especially mosquitoes and black flies and wasps and hornets. While this may just be my experience, I feel it is important to share. Because of this issue, I have decided this moisturizer may have to be incorporated into my nighttime routine instead of my morning routine.

Unfortunately, the Vitamin E Moisture Cream does have a rather lengthy ingredients list. For many,

this may be a non-issue but for me, it is something I pay attention to. I will continue to use the product, since I have it, and I may re-purchase eventually, but it won’t be an immediate re-purchase.

The Vitamin E Moisture Cream is available at The Body Shop, both in-stores and online for $18 CDN. Don’t let the price discourage you - not only does a little product go a long way, making a 50ml container last for a month or two, but The Body Shop frequently has sales and promotions and if you watch, you’ll likely find this on sale.

Jennifer Davis says :

Hi my daughter say this at the Body Shop in our mall, but she has slight body rosacea. Will this make her rosacea worse or can it help to soften her skin? I have bought her other lotions that are specifically for rosacea but she really wants to try this. Would this hurt her?

carmie26 says :

hi there,

My sister has rosacea and her skin usually gets reddish during summer. She can’t have regular lotion such as this because it makes her skin more irritated and worse. Shes been using rosacea product from VMV Hypoallergenic and it keeps it calm. I think it is better to use a lotion that is design for this skin condition.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3115051644810631/k2311a0515/5.15.15