Pink Grapefruit Body Scrub Gelee from The Body Shop  » Cosmetics  »
  • I love citrus scents, and not surprisingly, the pink grapefruit scented products from The Body Shop are not exception
  • I think it is a matter of personal opinion - if you don't like strong scents or if you're not a fan of citrus or pink grapefruit, you probably won't enjoy this product
  • Unfortunately, I found the smell never lasted long
  • Even though I consider this to be a gentle scrub, I highly recommend you finish with a liberal application of your favorite moisturizer after using
  • Perhaps my only complaint about this product is the packaging

• by Marley Justine

Having used several of the pink grapefruit scented products from The Body Shop, I was quite excited to receive the Pink Grapefruit Body Scrub Gelee as part of a bridal shower gift. Upon opening the product however, I began to have mixed feelings.

As the name suggests, this scrub does have a gel-like consistency. Compared to the body scrubs I typically use, the granules in the Pink Grapefruit Body Scrub Gelee are much more fine. Because of the consistency, this scrub is gentle, making it great for sensitive skin or regular use. While I generally prefer a more

thorough scrub, the Pink Grapefruit Body Scrub Gelee from The Body Shop proved to be effective at exfoliating and I was pleasantly surprised that the product lasted noticeably longer than most other body scrubs.

I love citrus scents, and not surprisingly, the pink grapefruit scented products from The Body Shop are not exception. I find the scent of the Pink Grapefruit Body Scrub Gelee to be especially wonderful in the morning - it really helps to wake me up. That being said, I have heard a number of complaints about the scent. I think it is a matter of personal opinion - if you don’t like strong scents or if you’re not a fan of citrus or pink grapefruit, you probably won’t enjoy this product. Again, because I love the pink grapefruit scented products from The Body Shop, I really loved the scent this scrub left of my skin after use and the way it made my bathroom smell. Unfortunately, I found the smell never lasted long.

Even though I consider this to be a gentle scrub, I highly recommend you finish with a liberal application of your favorite moisturizer after using. Personally, I love ...

• Pink Grapefruit Body Scrub Gelee from The Body Shop
      combining this with other pink grapefruit scented products.

Have you ever noticed that some body scrubs leave behind some form of residue? Perhaps an oily or grainy feeling? For me, that has been a non-issue with the Pink Grapefruit Body Scrub Gelee from The Body Shop. It is incredibly easy to rinse and leaves my skin feeling nothing but clean.

After using, be sure to rinse out your bathtub or shower. Like all scrubs, I find it leaves surfaces a little slippery.

Perhaps my only complaint about this product is the packaging. The lid can be a little stubborn

to secure. If you are going to be traveling with this product I highly recommend you pack it in a separate plastic bag or container.

The Pink Grapefruit Body Scrub Gelee is available at The Body Shop (in-stores and online). The full-size (2100mL) product is $20 CDN and the mini/travel-size (50mL) is $6 CDN. Overall, I am quite happy with the Pink Grapefruit Body Scrub Gelee from The Body Shop. However, The Body Shop frequently offers sales and promotions and I would much rather wait for this product to go on sale than to purchase it at regular price.

Jennifer Davis says :

how does this compare to St. Ives pink grapefruit body scrub? I am a big fan of St. Ives, but I like the idea of the gel. Can you tell me how this compares?

Marley Justine replies :

I’m sorry, I’ve never tried the St. Ives Pink Grapefruit Body Scrub.

Melissa says :

re : Perhaps my only complaint about this product is the packaging
I love the pink grapefruit scrubs it makes your skin so soft after using it. The smell is so amazing and relaxing. It helps get all the dead skin off of you. I remember the first time I used it I was so satisfied. It was gentle on the skin. I get a lot of rashers from certain products but this one is gentle and natural. I recommend this pink grapefruit scrub to everyone to try you will fall in love with it.

Melissa says :

re : Perhaps my only complaint about this product is the packaging
I found the smell lasted a long time. It wasn t to strong but just enough

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3114051644790631/k2311a0514/5.14.15