Kraft Fresh Take Rosemary and Roasted Garlic Seasoning Mix
1.0
  • I bought this product from Kroger on sale for $2.35 this past October hanging in the refrigerated cheese section and I thought it would be an easy way to switch up the chicken that I was going to make for dinner that night
  • However, one thing that I noticed was that this product barely covered four pieces of chicken
  • I just didn't feel like digging it out so I didn't bother and I paid the price for my laziness
  • The smell unfortunately did not match the taste for me

• by Jennifer Davis

I bought this product from Kroger on sale for $2.35 this past October hanging in the refrigerated cheese section and I thought it would be an easy way to switch up the chicken that I was going to make for dinner that night. It comes with all the bread crumbs and even some grated Parmesan cheese.

The top is a zipper top so that the chicken pieces (or whatever meat you use) can be put in sealed and shook around to even coat each piece. More on that later though. On the left side is a parmesan cheese and

roasted garlic coating. On the right is the bread crumb and rosemary seasoning mix.

The whole basic idea of this is to include all the seasonings and cheese in one shaker bag. You put the chicken in and then you shake it around to evenly coat the chicken. You then bake the chicken at 375 degrees for about 25-30 minutes.

Overall, I do like how easy the product is to use. All I have to do is combined the ingredients and shake. However, one thing that I noticed was that this product barely covered four pieces of chicken. I

have a family of 5 so I ended up having to mix my own seasonings and bread crumbs anyway. That was frustrating. I feel like the product should have included enough mix to do at least 6 to 8 pieces of chicken that bigger families could use it too.

I let the chicken bake for 30 minutes and it smelled really darn good. The coating on the top of the chicken was nice and crisp, but the underside of the chicken was soggy, but that is my fault because I didn’t use a baking rack in my pan like ...

• Kraft Fresh Take Rosemary and Roasted Garlic Seasoning Mix
      I knew that I should have. I just didn’t feel like digging it out so I didn’t bother and I paid the price for my laziness.

The smell unfortunately did not match the taste for me. It was way salty and had way too much garlic in it. My kids couldn’t even eat it. It was very strong for both me and my husband. We got it down but, later that night even after we brushed our teeth we both had a bit of gas and every time we burped it was a garlic smell. The only chicken breast

that was decent was the one I did.

I have since discovered that the product has been discontinued because they didn’t go over well for the general public which is why the one I got was on sale. I have to say that I understand why they didn’t do well, it was just too salty and didn’t include enough to enough chicken for the entire family.

Personally, I have found that I can do the same thing with panko bread crumbs, my own seasoning, and some shredded cheese. Personally, I am glad these were discontinued. They weren’t worth it too me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2712051644730631/k2311a0512/5.12.15