Johnsons Hydration Essentials Facial Cleansing Wipes  » Cosmetics  »
  • Last month I decided to try the Johnson's Hydration Essentials Facial Cleansing Wipes
  • They are not very expensive, cost me 1,2 EUR, and claim to have hydration abilities, which I rather like because my skin has the tendency to be dry
  • It looks like any other pack but in my opinion it is better designed than most because you can remove the air before sealing it, preventing the wipes to dry out
  • Other frequent problem in this type of packages is the sticker power
  • The only ones I think could not benefit as much are those who have very sensitive skin, but if this is not your case then you should consider try it

• by Maria Basto

I sometimes buy cleansing wipes because when I travel or do not have much time they come in handy. They usually are easy to apply, to use and carry around so, even not being my first choice sometimes they are the better I can do. Last month I decided to try the Johnson’s Hydration Essentials Facial Cleansing Wipes. They are not very expensive, cost me 1,2 EUR, and claim to have hydration abilities, which I rather like because my skin has the tendency to be dry.

The pack consist in 25 wipes packaged in a plastic pouch which opens and closes by a resealable sticker located on the top. It looks like any other pack but in my opinion it is better designed than most because you can remove the air before sealing

it, preventing the wipes to dry out. In fact, this was one of the main problems I had with others plastic pouches. At some point I still had many wipes but as they have dried out, they lost most of their product and therefore could not be used properly.

Other frequent problem in this type of packages is the sticker power. Usually it decreases with time and is one more thing that leads the wipes to dryness and therefore make it impossible to be used. In Johnson’s pack I also found this issue, but at least it just shown up when I was in the middle of the package so, I was able to use it properly till the end.

In my experience, to prevent this from happening you should place the package upside down. This way, the gravity force will act in your favor and not the other way around. To add, I think is important to make sure there is no wipes contacting directly with the sticker. Remember they are moist and therefore you need to ensure they are completely inside in order to prevent a decrease of the sticker power.

Now, regarding the size of the wipes I think is more then sufficient to remove all your make up and do all the cleansing, at least to me it is. Besides, even if you use a loaded makeup with heavy products there is no problem because the wipes are sufficiently damp to remove it all.

Having said this, in my opinion if you have sensitive skin I think you should not use it ...

• Johnsons Hydration Essentials Facial Cleansing Wipes
      to remove the eye makeup, at least if is loaded makeup. This is one of the most irritable areas and you might need to rub a little the wipes in your skin. When this happens you can feel a bit the fibers that along the cleansing can cause some irritation in your eyes and eyelids if your skin is sensitive. I personally prefer to use cotton pads in my eyes because above all that, when I rub them for some time my eye bags look bigger and darker so, I always try to avoid it.

Anyway, whether you use makeup or not, this wipes always comes on handy because they are very moist. Besides, the formula really has a good cleansing ability and moisturizer effect. So, after using it your skin feels really

soft and hydrated. Unfortunately it leaves a little flower scent and I personally prefer face products fragrance-free. However, as I often use a cream after applying it this does not bother. This way the fragrance does not last long. Anyway, I think most people prefer scented products and if this is your case you probably will enjoy it.

Taking everything into account, I think this is a good cleansing and hydrating product and I recommend it. It is not very expensive, has good effectiveness with a good timing too, it is suitable for all skin types and is very useful for busy days or travels. The only ones I think could not benefit as much are those who have very sensitive skin, but if this is not your case then you should consider try it.

Amos Kamau says :

re : Last month I decided to try the Johnson’s Hydration Essentials Facial Cleansing Wipes
For a long time i have been having a problem with sweating. i decided to try many products but non seem to word. about a month ago i came across Johnson’s Hydration Essentials Facial Cleansing wipes. wow not only my sweating lowered my face feels clean and now i do not have small pimples like before

Maria Basto replies :

Hi Amos Kamau, I also think this wipes are really good Did you ever tried Johnson’s Face Care Oil Balancing Facial Cleansing Wipes? If you have combination or oily skin with tendency on pimples or acne, this might be even better for you.

Jennifer Davis says :

My daughter has recently begun to go through some strong hormonal changes that has left her skin rather oily, will these be a good facial cleansing wipe for her. I have let her use some of mine, but they aren’t doing the job for her. The closest thing that seems to work are baby wipes, has anyone tried these on oily skin?

Maria Basto replies :

This wipes can be used in all skin types, but Johnson s Face Care Oil Balancing Facial Cleansing Wipes might be a better choice for your daughter. This wipes are equally good but specifically designed to be used on combination and oily skin, helping to balance it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3111051644610431/k2311a0511/5.11.15