Pepsi Max Zero Calorie Cola  » Food  »
  • I bought this at Wal-Mart because Pepsi products were on sale and my husband wanted to try this because he found the added ginseng to be interesting
  • Overall, it wasn't the worst diet type soda that I have ever tasted, but it wasn't the best either
  • One of the things that I was hoping for was that it would still hold on the original more mellow and sweet pepsi flavor that I like
  • However, unfortunately, not only is the flavor completely different fro regular pepsi, but I felt like this soda had a significant aftertaste that I just did not like at all
  • Other than that though it definitely gives you energy and is a great alternative to regular soda

• by Jennifer Davis

I bought this at Wal-Mart because Pepsi products were on sale and my husband wanted to try this because he found the added ginseng to be interesting. Personally, I am not much for diet sodas because they contain aspartame and it almost always gives me migraines. I reallydidnt have any intention of trying this, but I did anyway because my husband liked it. Overall, it wasn’t the worst diet type soda that I have ever tasted, but it wasn’t the best either.

sweet pepsi flavor that I like. However, unfortunately, not only is the flavor completely different fro regular pepsi, but I felt like this soda had a significant aftertaste that I just did not like at all. Personally, I really think that it is the naturally strong bitter earthy flavor of the ginseng that I was tasting. It does taste like the aspartame was trying to mask the ginseng, but all it did was add its own after taste into the mix. However, I did make two discoveries that helped me to adjust to the taste. Firstly, the bitter after taste seems to lessen some as I continued to drink it. Secondly, the first max that I tried was warm and the bitter after taste was really strong. However, the second one that I had was ice cold and that did a lot to curb that bitter flavor and make the soda more tolerable.

Despite my issues with the flavor, I do like Pepsi Max for one main reason: this soda definitely gave me more energy! Within about a half hour of finishing the soda I could definitely tell that I was more energized. It was very similiarto having a 5-Hour Energy Shot or a B-12 booster.

• Pepsi Max Zero Calorie Cola
      I perked right up and my increase in energy lasted for almost three hours. Plus, it gave me the added energy without the worry of a lot of carbs, sugar, and calories that most energy drinks have.

My husband and I both like Pepsi Max (admittedly he does seem to like them better), but, I noticed that within a week of drinking Pepsi Max I started getting migraines with 10 minutes of drinking the soda and despite the added energy the migraines were bad enough that I was unable to do anything until they subsided. I really think that it was the mix

of aspartame and ginseng since I already had a sensitivity to the aspartame. In the end, I have had to give up drinking Pepsi Max because the migraines are debilitating and leave me unable to function. However, my husband still likes them a lot and he continues to see boosts of energy when he drinks them.

Personally, I wish that it wasn’t so bitter and that the makers used something else besides aspartame to sweeten it with. Other than that though it definitely gives you energy and is a great alternative to regular soda…..just be wary of this product if you have a sensitivity to aspartame.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 278051644480831/k2311a058/5.8.15