Doritos Jacked 3D Jalapeno Pepper Jack  » Food  »
  • My kids loved the shape too and kept sticking their fingers and tongues in the holes which they enjoyed, but it did cause a mess
  • The first thing that I found out about these chips is that they are much crunchier than regular Doritos
  • I think that it allows the frying oil to reach more toward the center of the chip and they cook faster
  • I would definitely recommend these to anyone who like jalapeno and cheese flavors
  • I give these a 9 because they were absolutely delicious but just a little more crunchy than I might would have preferred

• by Jennifer Davis

I am not a huge fan of spicy chips, but these caught my husband’s attention and he really wanted to try them. We were at Wal-Mart getting stuff for a pic-nic when we decided to go ahead and pick them up. They were actually pretty inexpensive at $2.88 for an 11.5 oz bag.

I really liked them actually particularly the 3-D shape. Basically, what the makers did was take the regular triangular shaped tortilla chip and punch holes in it. To me it looked very similar to a tic-tac-toe board in a way and I really thought that it was a fun idea and a pretty nifty way to make a chip.

My kids loved the shape too and kept sticking their fingers and tongues in the holes which they enjoyed, but it did cause a mess. The salty covering on these chips is just like any other Doritos in that when you get it wet it tends to temporarily stain the skin. This is especially true for these chips because the salty covering seems to stick to the inner corners in clumps so it makes a bit more of a mess than the usual Doritos do.

As far as taste goes these chips are actually very good. At first, I was afraid that they would be too spicy or have too much artificial jalapeno flavor for me but actually the jalapeno flavor was excellently balanced because the overall flavor of the chips was bold without being too spicy or fake tasting. I was really surprised at how well Doritos’ traditional cheddar cheese flavoring complimented the added jalapeno spices. Despite the added jalapeno flavor the chips were an excellent blend of spicy and savory which I appreciated; but they weren’t bland or under seasoned. The coating on each chip seemed to be pretty even so in every bite there was just enough to give me a taste of the jalapeno and cheese flavor without burning my mouth too much. The smell of the chips is ...

• Doritos Jacked 3D Jalapeno Pepper Jack
      similar in that they have that traditional cheesy Dorito smell, but with the added sharpness and tang of the jalapeno spices. They are bold and tangy in smell and to me the smell is very tempting.

The texture on these chips did leave a little to be desired for me. The first thing that I found out about these chips is that they are much crunchier than regular Doritos. I personally think it’s because of the cut-out 3-D shape of the chip. I think that it allows the frying oil to reach more toward the center of the chip and they cook faster. I really found them almost too crunchy

for my tastes and they do tend to break off it pieces and there were a couple of times that I caught one of the pieces on my gum line so biting down on the chips forced the jagged pieces to poke through my gum line which was painful.

Overall, the only negative thing about these chips that I found was that they were a little too crunchy for my tastes and were painful on my gums. I would definitely recommend these to anyone who like jalapeno and cheese flavors. I give these a 9 because they were absolutely delicious but just a little more crunchy than I might would have preferred.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 278051644470831/k2311a058/5.8.15