Elvive Extraordinary Oil by L’Oreal  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • They also claim it can be use in several ways such us before drying, as a final touch, before using the shampoo, with the mask, etc. Although the Extraordinary Oil is not the cheapest one I think is still suitable for most of the budgets
  • Having said that, I use other L'Oreal hair products and I trust this brand so I decided to give this oil a try
  • The first thing I noticed was the package, which I find very beautiful and elegant
  • In my opinion a glass bottle is less practical cause you have to be careful while handling and carrying it in the bag
  • On other hand, if you want to treat your dry or malnourished hair I recommend you to use another oil that really treat the problem rather then mask it

• by Maria Basto

According to L’Oreal this product is based on 6 floral oils: camomile (to add shine and softness), daisy (to restore hair vitality), Tiare flower (to prevent dry hair), lotus flower (to nourish and protect), linseed and rose (to deep nourishment). Given this combination they claim the oil provide a comprehensive treatment that sublimates all hair types giving it vitality and unmatched brightness. They also claim it can be use in several ways such us before drying, as a final touch, before using the shampoo, with the mask, etc.

Although the Extraordinary Oil is not the cheapest one I think is still suitable for most of the budgets. Besides, given the amount of product that comes in the package and the amount

required for each use, pays a lot. Anyway, why they do not sell a smaller package? I think it would be a good idea.

Anyway, I have to say right upfront that I am not very easy to please regarding hair products. I have a very dry and curly long hair which is difficult to handle so I think is natural to be more picky. Having said that, I use other L’Oreal hair products and I trust this brand so I decided to give this oil a try.

The first thing I noticed was the package, which I find very beautiful and elegant. Nevertheless, I think it would be better if it was made of other material such as plastic rather than glass. In my opinion a glass bottle is less practical cause you have to be careful while handling and carrying it in the bag. In addiction, maybe if it was a plastic bottle the oil could be sold at a lower price, which also would be nice.

Another think I quickly noticed and liked was the oil scent. When I use it before drying or as a final touch my hair gets a really pleasant fragrance so it is a plus for me! Regarding texture I think it is a little bit thicker than most oils so I have to be more careful while applying it to make sure my hair wont be oily and to be able to apply it ...

• Elvive Extraordinary Oil by L'Oreal
      homogeneously.

Well, it is undeniable the advantage of be able to use the Extraordinary Oil for different purposes, since it has several functions. Having said that, I only used it before drying or as a final touch because I already use treatment shampoo and mask.

In my opinion this oil really softens the hair soft and make it easier to manage. If you have curls I think you are going to be pleased because it brings definition to them and make the frizz vanish. Unfortunately, in a long term period the degree of hair improvement was a big disappointment to me. I use this oil for quite some time but it feels like I am using a good styling product instead of

a treatment one.

After taking into account all pros and cons I think that the L’Oreal Extraordinary Oil is a good product and has a good relationship between price and quality. Having said that, I probably will not buy it again because there are other treatment oils that when used daily insure a better improvement. In my opinion L’Oreal Extraordinary Oil is suitable for normal hair or for those who the only concern is to improve the look. I think this oil is perfect for the style purpose, specially for those who have curly hair! On other hand, if you want to treat your dry or malnourished hair I recommend you to use another oil that really treat the problem rather then mask it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311051644210631/k2311a051/5.1.15