Gone Girl (psychological thriller movie)  » Movies  »
  • However, recently I decided to take a chance and watch it, especially after I noticed that the movie had received a fairly high rating
  • It turns out that the movie was shockingly amazing, and literally one of the best movies I'd seen in years
  • I thought that she was especially convincing in portraying her character as a manipulative psychopath who was willing to do anything to turn the story and the world's sympathy in her favour
  • It might have been roughly two and a half hours in length, but it's so interesting that it's hard to notice how long it is
  • It's the type of movie that I would definitely watch again and recommend to people who love suspense movies and thrillers

by Redtape

Gone Girl certainly was not at the top of my list of movies to watch since I heard that the actors Tyler Perry and Ben Affleck would be playing a major role in it. For one it sounded like a terrible combination because I’ve always thought that Ben Affleck came off as being a little dull in many of his films, and I could never stand movies with Madea in it and some of Tyler Perry’s more serious films. However, recently I decided to take a chance and watch it, especially after I noticed that the movie had received a fairly high rating. It turns out that the movie was shockingly amazing, and literally one of the best movies I’d seen in years.
  • Gone Girl (psychological thriller movie)
  • The movie begins on the fifth wedding anniversary of the writers Nick Dunne and his wife Amy. However instead of spending it together, Nick is at the bar where his twin sister Margo works talking to her about his relationship which seems to be a bit rocky.

After some time, Nick returns home but finds himself faced with a strange and worrying scene. Amy has disappeared and items in the house are on the floor in pieces, so it looks as if there was a struggle. What’s worse is that after he calls the police to report her disappearance, the detective in charge of the case finds a spot of blood in the kitchen. As the time goes by more and more evidence points to the possibility that Nick might have murdered Amy, and you can tell that the thought even crosses Margo’s mind.

Nevertheless, as the movie progresses it becomes apparent that things aren’t exactly what they seem. A psychotic Amy leaves Nick and fakes a crime scene so that he will be charged for her murder.

• Gone Girl (psychological thriller movie)
  • The movie essentially plays on the idea that Amy is able to deceive many of the characters including the viewer into believing that this man Nick might have murdered her and hidden her body. Nick’s actions after her disappearance with the lying, murder evidence and his cheating help to further cement that belief.

Therefore, when time is rewound to the beginning and I saw and heard things from Amy’s point of view, it became easy for me to forget that first person narrators can often be unreliable. As a result, Amy’s reappearance in the second half of the film looking very unharmed is not only shocking but rattling in more ways than one. As a result I became thrilled that the movie was filmed in such a way that would throw off audiences completely so that almost no one would see the twist that is coming.

• Gone Girl (psychological thriller movie)
  • The acting in this movie was also a complete shocker for me especially since I had totally written off the talent and capabilities of some of those who played the main characters such as Ben Affleck and Tyler Perry. While I didn’t think that Tyler Perry’s portrayal of Tanner Bolt, Nick’s attorney was especially impressive, it was still refreshing for me to see that this was a man who could actually act, despite seeing him in those Madea movies I hate so much.

Then of course there was the actress Rosamund Pike who had played the role of Amy. I thought that she was especially convincing in portraying her character as a manipulative psychopath who was willing to do anything to turn the story and the world’s sympathy in her favour. As a matter of fact, her performance somewhat reminded me of Norman Bates in Alfred Hitchcock’s Psycho.

• Gone Girl (psychological thriller movie)
  • Despite the fact that Amy was a murderous psychopath, I was completely taken aback at her creation of this almost flawless plan to frame her husband. It’s the type of plan and story that is so meticulous that it had obviously taken her some time to conceive and ultimately execute. As a result of this I thought that it made her character much more frightening than a lot of other villains and antagonists in movies and books.

Therefore, scenes such as the one where she drains her own blood in order to make it look to the forensic team like her murderer cleaned up her blood, and another scene where she steals some of her pregnant “friend’s” urine shows her discipline, moray decay and yet still how frightfully driven she is.

• Gone Girl (psychological thriller movie)
  • Despite my love of this movie, I didn’t totally understand the last part. When some of her plans go awry, Amy returns home to Nick, putting on a performance and telling a lie that her ex-boyfriend, Desi Collins kidnapped her, raped her and she killed him in self defense. However, even though it’s now clear that Nick mistrusts and is afraid of her, he is still unwilling to leave partially because of what she can do to him if he does.

The other part is what made me confused. In the movie Amy makes the claim to Nick that all of what she did was for their love. What confuses me is that I couldn’t understand whether her statement was supposed to be genuine or a means of manipulating and emotionally blackmailing Nick into staying with her.

I really loved this movie. It might have been roughly two and a half hours in length, but it’s so interesting that it’s hard to notice how long it is. It’s the type of movie that I would definitely watch again and recommend to people who love suspense movies and thrillers.

Angelica Ancheta says :

re : It’s the type of movie that I would definitely watch again and recommend to people who love suspense movies and thrillers
A thrilling movie that will keep you wondering where’s Amy and did Nick really killed her but it turned out that jealousy was the main reason why Amy planned her own death in the eyes of the policemen.

Gurl 2.0 says :

Never heard of this movie, hum i’ll add it to my must-watch list, thanks.

Andrew Leith says :

It was thrilling, I agree and enjoyed it great for suspense. The movie director, David Fincher, did splendid job in this movie. It did extremely well in Box Office and made a fantastic $ 369.3 million dollars. The killing scenes were great and expected in the thriller genre of movies.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111051644180631/k2311a051/5.1.15