Royal Canin Medium Adult Dog Dry Food  » Pets  »
  • My dog eats very little and is very picky so when Royal Canin Medium Adult Dog Dry Food was referred to me as a good food I decided to try it
  • I do that because it allows me to know if she is eating the amount needed and because I know she eats more this way
  • I think this are moderate sources of proteins but I was happy to know the meat source, not every brands have this information in the bags (for example Pedigree does not have) and for me is important
  • I also noticed that it contains fish oil, a well known source of fat acids, and probiotics to help the digestion
  • It may be a little more expensive than some brands that I used before, but for me it pays off a lot and I recommend it, for sure

• by Maria Basto

My dog eats very little and is very picky so when Royal Canin Medium Adult Dog Dry Food was referred to me as a good food I decided to try it. This one is indicated for dogs with one to seven years old and with a weight range from 21 to 55 pounds, which fits nicely.

The first time I opened the bag I remember thinking it smelled good (which is a little weird and that’s probably why I remember this). The grains size is medium, slightly larger than puppy food but also slightly smaller than the most adult dog food I used before. For me this is good because my dog does not have good teeth and therefore has difficulty to eat big grains.

I have restricted food schedules, she eats three times a day. I do that because it allows me to know if she is eating the amount needed and because I know

she eats more this way. So, the first time I put the food in the bowl she immediately started eating, which is a rare and good thing! After some weeks she did not ate with such a hurry but she still ate the amount needed or more. I was really happy about it!

And it was not just the fact of she being eating well that pleased me, the quality of food seemed at least ok to me. In the ingredients list, the first ones listed (the mosts predominant) are brewers rice and chicken-by product meal. I think this are moderate sources of proteins but I was happy to know the meat source, not every brands have this information in the bags (for example Pedigree does not have) and for me is important! I also noticed that it contains fish oil, a well known source of fat acids, and probiotics to help the digestion. In addiction, the food has natural preservatives which for me are mandatory because the chemical ones are linked to cancer. Honestly I do not know why some brands are maintaining this chemicals, they already were forbidden for human food and soon the same will happen in animal food as well. It may be cheaper but if is bad for pets health how can they use it and at the same time claim is a quality food? It bothers me, really.

Now regarding this particular food, my dog liked it too. She started to eat better and also digest better which among other thing means that most of the nutrients really can do their job instead of becoming waste. My dog is a boxer and they have some tendency to have difficulties in digestion (I usually notice this because of the burping, the flatulence and many waste in the yard), so you can understand how much this improvement pleased ...

• Royal Canin Medium Adult Dog Dry Food
      me, right?

I was so marveled that I decided to buy a bigger package even before finishing the first. But suddenly she started to become picky again, always leaving some food in the bowl. Well, once I had a new package I made one experience. Instead of giving her the Royal Canin food of the first bag I opened the new one to use it. She ate well again! I put aside the older bag and continued giving her from the new one but this time I put some clips to guarantee a better package closure.. Result? She always ate well and I continued buying this food.

Taking everything into consideration, in my opinion Royal Canin Adult Dog Food is indeed a good choice. The most part of the ingredients are average but it also contains some very good ones that are not usually used. In the mean time, I think this food also has enough good smell

and flavour for our pets to like it very much, even the picky ones.The only thing I advise you is to guarantee the bag stays really well closed or else if you buy a big one it may lose some of this properties. If you are a protective owner I think you will also agree with my happiness knowing this food does not do anything bad for the pets health because is free of chemicals preservatives. And you can really know with what the food is made of since it has a complete ingredient list, I appreciate this!

For all this reasons not only I continue buying this food, but I also have a big trust in this brand which seems really worried about dogs health and with protective owners. It may be a little more expensive than some brands that I used before, but for me it pays off a lot and I recommend it, for sure!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 291051644160631/k2311a051/5.1.15