Fifty Shades of Grey (erotic romance movie)
2.0
  • For a so-called erotic film I found it to be juvenile and predictable with poor dialogue and even more pitiful characters
  • I decided that I couldn't stand her within the first couple minutes of the movie, and even after the movie was finished I still didn't like her
  • When the movie started I thought she was behaving like a twelve year old with a crush, which partially amuses me because this is a girl who goes to parties and has sexually active friends
  • I can list at least ten instances in the movie, but right now I think I'll only mention one
  • Christian Grey's response to her question is supposed to be serious, but it comes of as a mixture of funny and immature

by Redtape

I remember when the book Fifty Shades of Grey became so popular that even people who I knew never bought a book in their lives began to devour it mostly for the sex scenes. Then of course when the movie came out, everyone claimed that I just had to see it.

At the time the movie Fifty Shades of Grey felt as if it would become the new Twilight or Harry Potter, and there was a part of me that was curious to know what the fuss was all about even though I felt that the writing in the book was an embarrassment and a tragic mess. After watching, it turns out that the movie wasn’t much better. For a so-called erotic film I found it to be juvenile and predictable with poor dialogue and even more pitiful characters.

• Fifty Shades of Grey (erotic romance movie)
  • In the movie a very naive twenty one year old college student Anastasia Steele meets the mysterious billionaire Christian Grey when filling in for her roommate who was supposed to be interviewing him. Almost immediately they both strike up a connection and Grey ends up inviting her out for coffee some time later. However, are they become more acquainted he keeps insisting that his interests do not lie in relationships and they are, to quote him, more “singular”. This seems to confuse Anastasia who apparently has the impression that he’s mostly just interested in having sex without any emotional connections. Nevertheless, as the movie progresses she begins to understand that these interests are actually sadomasochism.

• Fifty Shades of Grey (erotic romance movie)
  • The first thing I couldn’t stand about Fifty Shades of Grey was the character Anastatia, also known as Ana. I decided that I couldn’t stand her within the first couple minutes of the movie, and even after the movie was finished I still didn’t like her.

Anastasia’s most annoying quality is that she’s unbelievably naive and childish for a twenty one year old, especially when she’s around Christian Grey. When the movie started I thought she was behaving like a twelve year old with a crush, which partially amuses me because this is a girl who goes to parties and has sexually active friends.

One of the things that annoyed me the most about her was when she just simply signed the non-disclosure agreement without even reading it. At that point I felt that was one of the stupidest things that girl had done and the movie still hadn’t really started. Literally anything could have been written on that agreement that she signed.

Then of course there were the expectations that she held of Christian Grey even though I personally think that he communicated his intentions and interests very clearly to her.

• Fifty Shades of Grey (erotic romance movie)
  • I thought that the dialogue was a little awkward and silly to especially in some scenes. I can list at least ten instances in the movie, but right now I think I’ll only mention one. One of the silliest bits of line in the movie had to be what Christian Grey says to Ana right after she signs the non-disclosure agreement and asks if they can make love. Christian Grey’s response to her question is supposed to be serious, but it comes of as a mixture of funny and immature.

• Fifty Shades of Grey (erotic romance movie)
  • One of the few scenes that I actually liked in the movie Fifty Shades of Grey had to be the part where Anastasia and Christian were discussing several aspects of the contract in a darkened room. I thought that the scene was both awkward and funny especially when Ana began telling him to get rid of certain things that she claimed she would never try.

• Fifty Shades of Grey (erotic romance movie)
  • Another plus that I found watching the movie was watching the sex scenes with Jamie Dornan and seeing him almost completely in the nude. It was one of the reasons why I continued watching the film long after I understood exactly how terrible it was and would continue to be. I swear that I would have never known how attractive the actor was had he not done this movie and taken it all off.

While there were one or two scenes that I was entertained by, Fifty Shades of Grey just wasn’t near as impressive as a lot of people made it out to be. I started watching the movie knowing it wouldn’t be very good, but at least I was looking for some really wild and unusual sex scenes. However, even that was a little too vanilla to peak my interest.

All in all, here’s my two cents. Fifty Shades of Grey was not a good movie. It got a very bad rating and it more than deserved it. If BDSM is your scene chances are you might find it a bit amusing, and if not, watching it still won’t give you much pleasure.

zueed says :

re : For a so-called erotic film I found it to be juvenile and predictable with poor dialogue and even more pitiful characters
dialogue in the film is quite interesting and is equipped with various conflicts in the film

Jennifer Davis says :

Hi, my husband and I have considered seeing this movie as a couple as part of a “date night” are there any couple out there who have seen this together? Would you recommend it?

Redtape replies :

Sorry I took so long to respond, and no I wouldn’t recommend it. It’s not very romantic and not extremely erotic either. I found it rather bland and anticlimatic.

Andrew Leith says :

Yes, I would most certainly recommend this movie. It’s better than the books, the critics on the internet said, but a very good exciting must-see movie. It made a staggering $ 571 million dollars, it just shows how many people loved this romantic movie. The movie director, Sam-Taylor Johnson, did wonderfully with the movie, and most movie critics have given it positive feed back.

Geremi says :

Some of the pictures are a little blurry and that more information could be provided.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2015. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1129041644100230/k2311a0429/4.29.15